The IDRT Import and Mapping Tool (IMT) serves two purposes:
- Importing data from various source formats into i2b2
- Create and maintain a sophisticated i2b2 ontology for navigation and querying
The IMT is Java client application. It is expected to run locally and requires a network connection to the i2b2 database.
We describe the general architecture in detail, but you first may want to download und install the application. In case you find a bug, want to request additonal features or are willing to contribute own code, please send a request.
The IMT provides extractors for importing data from certain generic formats like character-separated files (CSV), database scripts (SQL), or XML-files in CDISC ODM.
Additionally, a number of special dataset specifications can be imported, too:
- Files for the German DRG system (§ 21 KHEntgG)
- Files from the Laboratory Information and Biobank Management System STARLIMS
- Concepts from certain medical terminologies like ICD-10 or LOINC
- Concept extractor from the German National Metadata Repository prototype (MDR)
Editing the i2b2 ontology
The IMT furthermore provides a means to rearrange the i2b2 ontology by creating, renaming, moving and mapping source concepts as well as folders with the help of a graphical user interface.
Continue text for Editing ...
TODO CB: Overview