The central place for the i2b2 Community to communicate and share projects with other users. Here you will find the latest information on the i2b2 Software, what others in the community are doing, and find resources to help answer any questions you may have about the i2b2.
For End Users
New i2b2 Community Projects
- Accrual to Clinical Trials
- The Accrual to Clinical Trials (ACT) project goal is to create a federated network of National Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Consortium institutions to significantly increase participant accrual to the nation's highest priority clinical trials.
- Multi-fact Table
- The multi-fact table project is a new feature introduced in 1.7.09 that enables the i2b2 to query more than one fact table. This new feature empowers the i2b2 to adapt to the needs of such projects as the Patient Centered Outcome Research Institute (PCORI) network and the Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership (OMOP) Common Data Model (CDM). It can also be used for sites that want to be able to query both genomic and phenotype data but don't want the data to reside in a single table.
- The legacy i2b2 data model is comprised of a central fact table (observation_fact) surrounded by multiple dimension tables (star schema). In the Observation Medical Outcomes Partnership (OMOP) Clinical Data Model (CDM) rather than a central fact table, we have a collection of them distinguished by domain: procedures, condition, drug, measurement, observation, etc. In this project, we modify the CRC to run queries against multiple domain fact tables as dictated by the metadata.
- i2b2 Workbench
- The i2b2 Workbench is one of two i2b2 clients available to the i2b2 community. It is a collection of client-side components that communicate with i2b2 cells and help aggregate their functionality in the the i2b2 Hive. Each workbench component is designed as an Eclipse-based plug-in that interacts with a hive cell; collectively these plugins provide a cohesive entity to tie all the i2b2 cells together.
- i2b2 on Genomics Data
- This community project extends the current i2b2 query functionality by providing the ability to query for genotyped subjects by specific annotations related to genetic variants. Also, new query widgets have been built in the i2b2 web client that leverages existing i2b2 infrastructure for querying large strings of text stored in the observation_blob field of the observation_fact table.