The following items are required for multi-fact tables to work correctly.
- You have a working version of i2b2 that is running release 1.7.12 or higher.
- All your fact tables reside in the same database.
- All fact tables have the same data structure including primary keys & indexes.
- observation_fact remains as one of the fact tables
This setup guide assumes the following:
- You know how to access and update your database using SQL editor
- You are familiar with i2b2 data; metadata & data mart tables. (See i2b2 Data Mart & Ontology page for a quick overview)
- Your fact tables have been setup.
- Your fact tables are organized by concept: e.g. all diagnoses facts are in one table; all medication facts in another
The process of setting up the i2b2 to use multiple fact tables is straight forward. Once you have updated your software to at least version 1.7.12 or higher, create your new fact tables and loaded the data into them there are only two remaining steps.
- Update the terms in your metadata tables so the i2b2 server knows what fact table to query
- Turn the Multi-fact table feature on in the hive_cell_params table. Refer to Multi-fact table home