Release Management
Space shortcuts
Space Tools
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 8 Next »

1.7.13 Release Notes

Highlight of Features

Frontend Features

LOTS OF TABS!

P2

Community-Contributed Features

Contribution

Contributor

Backend Features

Improved Totalnum Scripts

Totalnum Scripts for Postgres and MSSQL have been updated to improve the Totalnum counter performance on very large(>1.5 million) ontology elements such as ACT medications, Debug messages have also been added for troubleshoot purposes
Totalnum Scripts Setup

In the Release_1-7/NewInstall/Metadata/ run the ant script to create the stored procedures. ant -f data_build.xml create_metadata_procedures_release_1-7  

Run the stored procedures on your database. This can be done in two ways.

a. Run the ant command to execute the data_build.xml file with below specified target 

• POSTGRESQL : ant -f data_build.xml db_metadata_run_total_count_postgresql
  • ORACLE : ant -f data_build.xml db_metadata_run_total_count_oracle
  • SQL SERVER : ant -f data_build.xml db_metadata_run_total_count_sqlserver   

b. Execute the RunTotalNum  stored procedure manully against your database in from a sql Client. This can take several hours.  Example Usage:    

Oracle:            
                                          begin
                                          RUNTOTALNUM('observation_fact','i2b2demodata');
                                          end;   
                                          Note: If you get the error as: ERROR at line 1: ORA-01031: insufficient privilege, then run the command:
                                          grant create table to (DB USER)  
                                          SQL server:              
                                          exec RUNTOTALNUM    
                                          PostgreSQL:              
                                          select RUNTOTALNUM('observation_fact','public')
                                      – (replace 'public' by the schema name for the fact table)
                                      – If using a schema other than public for metadata, you might need to run "set search_path to 'i2b2metadata','public' " first as well

1. When finished, verify it is complete by checking that c_totalnum columns in your ontology tables contain numbers (not nulls).

These total counts will be visible in the ontology browser in the web client.

I2b2-Synthea data Load

A new option is now available for loading Synthea data files into i2b2. Synthetic patient data generated by Synthea is hosted on  SyntheticMass..The Synthea sample files have been converted to i2b2-ACT format. The zipped data files can be downloaded from https://github.com/i2b2/i2b2-synthea
Synthea Load Process:

1. Create db Schema with name labeled synthea
  2. Load Synthea data from the sample data files provided
  • Download the zipped flat files and extract to them to a local directory
  • Using SSMS, import the sample obs file into obvseration_fact table
  • Import the sample obs-pat file into patient dimension table.
  1. Download latest stored procedures from github
  2. Execute the stored procedures on your database to create the patientnum and encounternumbers.

Improved db Upgrade Process

Currently i2b2 db upgrade is a multi-step process of running upgrade scripts and stored procedures. This release provides a set of upgrade scripts which will perform the complete db upgrade.

based on your current build version.

For example: Following Ant command will upgrade your db instance from 1.7.09c to latest version.

>ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_table_release_1-7-09c upgrade_table_release_1-7-10 upgrade_table_release_1-7-11 upgrade_table_release_1-7-12

Steps to Perform db upgrade:

• Backup your existing data folder
  • Copy all the folders from the extracted download data folder   into your existing  data Upgrade folder
               Example:  Downloads\2b2core-upgrade-1712a\i2b2\data to C:\opt\edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\Upgrade\. This will replace
               existing Crcdata, Hivedata, Metadata, PMdata folders.
     Alternative to above step, navigate to the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\Upgrade\   directory of your extracted folder
  • Copy the db.properties files from your back up into the respective locations(namely Crcdata, Hivedata, Metadata, PMdata )
  • Open the command prompt and navigate to  cell folders and run the following upgrade ant commands on your i2b2 database instance, where {db}      can  be Oracle, sqlserver or postgresql.
    Alternative to above Step, you can run individual SQL scripts on your db instance in place of  ant commands.

In  data folder\Release_1-7\Upgrade\  run the ant commands under each individual cell subfolder as below.

Upgrade From BuildUpgrade to Latest build

1.7.09c

In the Crcdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_table_release_1-7-09c upgrade_table_release_1-7-10 upgrade_table_release_1-7-11 upgrade_table_release_1-7-12

In the Hivedata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-09c upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-10 upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-12

In the Metadata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-09c upgrade_tables_release_1-7-10 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12

In the PMdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-09c upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-10 upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-12

In the Crcdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_table_release_1-7-10 upgrade_table_release_1-7-11 upgrade_table_release_1-7-12

In the Hivedata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-10 upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-12

In the Metadata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-10 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12

In the PMdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-10 upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-12

In the Crcdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_table_release_1-7-11 upgrade_table_release_1-7-12

In the Hivedata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-12

In the Metadata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12

In the PMdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-12

In the Crcdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_table_release_1-7-12

In the Hivedata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_hive_tables_release_1-7-12

In the Metadata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12

In the PMdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_pm_tables_release_1-7-12

Changelog

Database Drivers

The JDBC drivers were updated to the following versions.

Driver

New Version

ojdbc8.jar

Oracle 12.2.0.1

postgresql-42.2.5.jar

PostgreSQL 42.2.5

mssql-jdbc-7.0.0.jre8.jar

MS Sql Server 7.0.0

Supported Db Server versions

Type

Version

SQL Server

2012+

Oracle

12g+

Postgres

Supported software versions

Application

Version

Java

java

Wildfly

Apache HTD

2.4.17 or higher

Apache Ant

Apache Axis2

PHP

7.2.27 or higher

i2b2 Database Changes

New db updates include

i2b2 Server and Client Changes

New Features and Improvements

Bug Fixes

Notes for Developers

For Java 11 install, if you change xsd, then modify the gensource.

• No labels