Developers Getting Started With i2b2
Space shortcuts
Space Tools
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Next »

As stated earlier, the configuration attribute called lstDomains is an array containing one or more domain definition objects. The domain definition data object contains the following attributes for each data object.

Name

Null

Type

Description

domain

N

String

A short code used by the proxy server for the domain / group ID.

name

N

String

A human-readable string containing the domain's name. This is visible to users when logging into the i2b2 Web Client.

urlCellPM

N

String

The full path URL for the Project Management Cell.

allowAnalysis

Y

Boolean

Defines whether or not the plug-in viewer is available to users. The plugin viewer is used to access the optional plug-ins (Analysis Tools). This setting will affect all users.

• Y = Analysis Tools will appear as an option on the menu bar. Users can access the optional plugins via the Plugin Viewer.
  • N = Analysis Tools will not appear as an option on the menu bar. Users will not be able to access the optional plug-ins.

debug

Y

Boolean

Defines whether or not debugging messages are logged. (uses additional memory).

Steps to update domain

WARNING

Make sure you are editing the files in your web server directory and not the ones that reside in YOUR_I2B2_WC_DIR.

1. Go to the web client folder in your web server directory.
Linux Example:   /var/www/html
Windows Example:   C:\inetpub\wwwroot

2. Open the i2b2_config_data.js file to edit the domain information.
3. Edit or add additional domains for your environment.

Important

• If you are installing the i2b2 demo environment you want to add the "i2b2demo" domain and update the urlCellPM with the host and port with the location of your PM Cell.
  • If you are setting up your own i2b2 environment with test or production data then you can copy the domain section and edit it to reflect your environment.
  • You can comment out or remove the HarvardDemo domain. However, we highly recommend you leave it during the installation process so you can use it for troubleshooting whether an issue is with your local setup. You can remove it after everything is installed and is working.

i2b2_config_data.js

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	// THESE ARE ALL THE DOMAINS A USER CAN LOGIN TO
	lstDomains: [
		{ domain: "i2b2demo",
		  name: "HarvardDemo",
		  urlCellPM: "http://services.i2b2.org/i2b2/services/PMService/",
		  allowAnalysis: true,
		  debug: false
		}
	]
	//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. If you have multiple domains (demo / test / production) you can copy the {domain} section and edit it to reflect the other domains in your environment.

i2b2_config_data.js

// THESE ARE ALL THE DOMAINS A USER CAN LOGIN TO
	lstDomains: [
		  name: "HarvardDemo",
		  urlCellPM: "http://services.i2b2.org/i2b2/services/PMService/",
		  debug: false
		},
		  name: "i2b2demo (1.7)",
		  urlCellPM: "http://localhost:9090/i2b2/services/PMService/",
		  debug: true
		}
	]

5. Save the changes and close the file.

• No labels