Release Management
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

If you are installing 1.5 from a computer running the i2b2 workbench, ensure that the workbench and all eclipse applications are closed prior to installing this release.

WHERE DO I START?

Prior to setting up the i2b2 server, workbench or VM Image it is highly recommended that you read one of the following documents located in the documentation folder.

A new Annotator plug-in has been created that will allow users to review and annotate a sample of documents that will be used to auto-classify the remaining documents in their database.
Detailed information regarding the workflow of the Annotator can be found in the Annotator documentation included in this release.

NOTE: The annotator plug-in will only work with JRE 1.6

Edit Terms View

The new Edit Terms view will enable users to add containers, folders and terms to a custom metadata table. These custom terms can be used in the Annotator view as well as other i2b2 views.
Detailed information regarding the new Edit Terms view can be found in the Ontology documentation included in this release.

The demo data has been updated to include a sampling of patient radiology reports. Each of these reports has a provider associated to support the ability to search by provider. 

NOTE: The Radiology reports in the demo data are encrypted. When prompted for an encryption key you need to enter the following key: i2b2demodatakey1

Documentation:

The 1.5 release documentation can be found in a zip file located on the i2b2 software page. This file includes documentation for the following:

• The messaging, install and design documents for the Ontology cell have been updated to include the new Edit Terminology view. ** Updated **
  • VM Install document.
  • Project request install guide. ** New **
  • The messaging, install and design documents for the Data Repository, File Repository and Project Management cells have been updated. ** Updated **

Licensing

The i2b2 source code is licensed under the i2b2 Software License 2.1. This includes but is not limited to all code in the edu.harvard.i2b2.* package namespace.