The get_schemes message provides information about existing coding systems, called schemes. It returns a list of all the source systems.
This use case provides information about schemes to the client, who might want a list of all the source systems that contribute vocabulary.
A get_schemes message returns a list of schemes that will be displayed in the Ontology Find Terms tool. User information is provided in the message_header.
Generate Scheme Categories for a given User / Project
To populate the list of schemes available to a user the sequence of events is as follows:
- A client requests a list of schemes for a given user or project (type=default).
- The ONT server performs the following steps:
- Get the project / role available for the user from the PM Cell; this also serves to validate the user.
- Query the table of schemes and pass back a list of schemes associated with the project / role.
- The client populates the scheme categories in the Find Terms tool.
get_schemes Request Message
Possible "type" Settings
Return key / name pairs
get_schemes Response Message
The get_schemes request has the following settings: