Step 2: Set the database properties for the metadata tables
In the Directory Structure and Schema section of this installation guide we reviewed how the data installation files are structured within the i2b2_omop_data package. Each set of data tables (crcdata, metadata, and workdata) has its own data files for installing the appropriate data. Within each of these directories is a file called db.properties that needs to be updated with your environment variables before we can begin installing the metadata tables.
Steps for setting database properties
- You are logged into the command line application for your environment. (Linux: Terminal or Shell | Windows: Command Prompt).
- You are familiar with the commands to open a file for editing. (commands are specific to the editor you use)
- You have already changed your working directory to the one that is appropriate for this installation.
1. Open the db.properties file.
2. Set the following properties for the DBMS at your site:
3. Save the changes and close the file.
To save yourself steps, DO NOT close your Command Prompt window as you will be continuing to use it throughout the remainder of the installation.