AMIA Session 1: i2b2 REDCap Integration
Date: March 27, 2017
Paul Harris, PhD, Vanderbuilt University Medical Center
Presentation: i2b2 and REDCap
Stanley Boykin, Computational Health Informatics Program (CHIPS), Childrens Hospital Boston
Dan Connolly, Kansas University Medical Center
Presentation: SEINE: There and Back Again
Philip Ng, Managing Director, i2b2 Foundation
At the 2017 Joint Summits on Translational Science, the i2b2 Foundation held a session about i2b2 and REDCap. Four members of the i2b2 community presented information on how they have integrated i2b2 and REDCap at their institutions. Below are links to each of their presentations and a video of the session.
Tip on Viewing Video in Full Screen
Follow these easy steps to view the video in "Full Screen" mode.
- Start the video
- A task bar will now appear at the bottom of the video.
- Click on the YouTube icon to bring you to the tranSMART YouTube Channel.
- The video should start automatically, once it does click on the Full Screen icon.
- Video will now play on your full screen.
i2b2 and REDCap
Presenter: Paul Harris, PhD, Vanderbuilt University Medical Center
- Overview of REDCap
- Where i2b2 and REDCap Intersect
- Use Cases
Multimodal Collection of Patient Reported Outcomes mySCILHS
Presenter: Stanley Boykin, Computational Health Informatics Program (CHIPS), Childrens Hospital Boston
- SCILHS Network
- SCILHS Research Cycle
- mySCILHS; Utilizing REDCap to engage patients and provide gateway to multimodal patient outcome reporting into i2b2
SEINE: There and Back Again
Presenter: Dan Connolly, Kansas University Medical Center
- SEINE - Synthesizing EDC IDR Network Exchange
- REDCap Forms, Fields, Data into i2b2 Folders, Concepts, and facts
- Use Case: Pilot project - Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) Registry
- SEINE DataBuilder
- Data Deliver via REDCap
- and so much more...
Data Democratization, Using i2b2 , Excel, REDCap in End-User Extracts
Presenter: Philip Ng, University of Rochester Medical Center
- General i2b2 Statistics for 2016
- Integrating i2b2, Excel & REDCap
- Process of using i2b2, Excel & REDCap at URMC
- Use cases and "gotchas" learned along the way
- Usage statistics for Excel generations, REDCap syncs, & REDCap Chart Reviews