Uploaded image for project: 'i2b2 Web Client'
  1. i2b2 Web Client
  2. WEBCLIENT-105

Previous Queries appear to be missing value constraints when dropped in Query Tool

XMLWordPrintable

Details

• Bug
    • Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • CRC Cell, Web Client
    • None
    • Query Tool
    • Constraints - Value, Unit Values
    • i2b2 Web Client
    • BBP, PCORI
    • All Web Browsers
    • Hide
      This can be reproduced in the i2b2 test environment.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
      Issue #1: Units missing
      1. Log into the i2b2 Web Client
      2. Drag a lab test such as GHBA1C from an Ontology view to a panel in the Query Tool.
      3. Select a numerical value constraint when the Value Constraint window opens.
      4. Click on OK to save the changes.
      5. Notice the units will display on the panel next to the numerical value constraint.
      6. Run the query and notice in the sent xml the unit appears correctly.
      7. Click on the Clear button in the Query Tool.
      8. Drag from Previous Queries the query you just ran and drop it at the Query Name in the Query Tool.
      9. Notice the numerical value appears but the units are missing.
      10. Run the query and notice the value for the units is "undefined".

Issue #2: Enumerated values missing quotes

1. Drag a lab test like Urinalysis \ Bacteria to a panel in the Query tool.
      2. Select several enumerated value from the list displaying in the Value Constraint window.
      3. Click on OK to save the changes.
      4. Notice the string of enumerated values appears correctly.
      5. Run the query.
      6. Once the query runs, clear the Query Tool.
      7. Drag from Previous Queries the query you just ran and drop it at the Query Name in the Query Tool.
      8. Notice the beginning quote is missing from the first value and the end quote is missing from the last value.

Issue #3: Flag constraint missing

1. Drag a lab test like Chemistry \ Cardiac Tests \ CK-MB (CK2) to a panel in the Query tool.
      2. In the Value Constraint window click on radio button next to By Flag.
      3. Select a flag from the drop-down list.
      4. Click on OK to save the changes.
      5. Notice the flag appears correctly next to the item name in the panel.
      6. Run the query.
      7. Once the query runs, clear the Query Tool.
      8. Drag from Previous Queries the query you just ran and drop it at the Query Name in the Query Tool.
      9. Notice the flag is missing.
      Show
      This can be reproduced in the i2b2 test environment. STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Issue #1: Units missing 1. Log into the i2b2 Web Client 2. Drag a lab test such as GHBA1C from an Ontology view to a panel in the Query Tool. 3. Select a numerical value constraint when the Value Constraint window opens. 4. Click on OK to save the changes. 5. Notice the units will display on the panel next to the numerical value constraint. 6. Run the query and notice in the sent xml the unit appears correctly. 7. Click on the Clear button in the Query Tool. 8. Drag from Previous Queries the query you just ran and drop it at the Query Name in the Query Tool. 9. Notice the numerical value appears but the units are missing. 10. Run the query and notice the value for the units is "undefined". Issue #2: Enumerated values missing quotes 1. Drag a lab test like Urinalysis \ Bacteria to a panel in the Query tool. 2. Select several enumerated value from the list displaying in the Value Constraint window. 3. Click on OK to save the changes. 4. Notice the string of enumerated values appears correctly. 5. Run the query. 6. Once the query runs, clear the Query Tool. 7. Drag from Previous Queries the query you just ran and drop it at the Query Name in the Query Tool. 8. Notice the beginning quote is missing from the first value and the end quote is missing from the last value. Issue #3: Flag constraint missing 1. Drag a lab test like Chemistry \ Cardiac Tests \ CK-MB (CK2) to a panel in the Query tool. 2. In the Value Constraint window click on radio button next to By Flag. 3. Select a flag from the drop-down list. 4. Click on OK to save the changes. 5. Notice the flag appears correctly next to the item name in the panel. 6. Run the query. 7. Once the query runs, clear the Query Tool. 8. Drag from Previous Queries the query you just ran and drop it at the Query Name in the Query Tool. 9. Notice the flag is missing.
    • Hide
      Test Date: 04/21/2015
      Build Number:
      Test Status: Passed

Clients Tested :
           i2b2 Web Client

Environments Tested :
           Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
           Databases: Not applicable for this test
           Client OS: Macintosh, Windows

Test Comments:
      Tested with the latest web client build and it appears to be working correctly.

I verified all types of result constraints (numerical, enumerated, longtext, and text) are working correctly for both concepts and modifiers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Test Date: 04/16/2015
      Build Number:
      Test Status: Failed

Clients Tested :
           i2b2 Web Client

Environments Tested :
           Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
           Databases: Not applicable for this test
           Client OS: Macintosh, Windows

Test Comments:
      Tested with the latest web client build and two out of the three issues are working.

There is still an issue with the units not displaying in the panel and the xml containing the value of "undefined" for the units.

The issues with enumerated values and flags is now working correctly.
      Show
      Test Date: 04/21/2015 Build Number: Test Status: Passed Clients Tested :      i2b2 Web Client Environments Tested :      Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari      Databases: Not applicable for this test      Client OS: Macintosh, Windows Test Comments: Tested with the latest web client build and it appears to be working correctly. I verified all types of result constraints (numerical, enumerated, longtext, and text) are working correctly for both concepts and modifiers. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Test Date: 04/16/2015 Build Number: Test Status: Failed Clients Tested :      i2b2 Web Client Environments Tested :      Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari      Databases: Not applicable for this test      Client OS: Macintosh, Windows Test Comments: Tested with the latest web client build and two out of the three issues are working. There is still an issue with the units not displaying in the panel and the xml containing the value of "undefined" for the units. The issues with enumerated values and flags is now working correctly.

Description

The unit of measure is missing when you drop a previous query with a value constraint into the query tool. It does not display in the panel and more importantly it is being sent in the xml as "undefined".

In order for the units to be sent in the new query the user has to go back into the value constraint window and select the units again.

XML Message:

In the sent xml message for the original query the unit value correctly appears as:

<value_unit_of_measure>%</value_unit_of_measure>

In the sent xml message for the query run from the previous query the unit value appears as:

<value_unit_of_measure>undefined</value_unit_of_measure>

ATTACHMENTS:
      unitsMissingIssue-originalQuery.png - shows how the units (%) are displaying when running the original query.

unitsMissingIssue-PQdropped.png - shows how the units (%) are missing from the panel when the previous query is dropped.

UPDATED:

Upon further testing I found that similar problems are happening for both flagged and enumerated value constraints.

Issue with Enumerated values:
      Normally enumerated values will contain double quotes around them when they are displayed in the panel (Query Tool). When you drop a previous query with an item with enumerated value constraints defined the values are not displaying in the panel correctly. The first item in the list will be missing the beginning quote and the last item in the list will be missing the ending quote.

Example:
      The following is an example of how it should display in the panel:
      Bacteria (Group:UAS-BACT) = ("1+", "FEW", "SOME")

The following is an example of how it displays incorrectly in the panel:
      Bacteria (Group:UAS-BACT) = (1+", "FEW", "SOME)

Issue with Flagged value constraints:
      When you drop a previous query with an item that has a flag value constraint defined the flag does not appear in the panel next to the item. If you go into the value constraint window the flag will be defined.

Attachments

Activity

People

jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

Dates

Created:
              Updated: