Health Ontology Mapper
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Thank you all for yet another lively Ontology Mapper call.

Here are our minutes:

We had a full house today: Marco, Rob Wynden, Maggie, Liat, Prakash, Paul Norris, Mark Weiner, Brenton Moore, Will Digrazio, Hillari Allen.  (The Davis clan is offline until June and Jeff Pennington from the Children's Hospital will be joining us starting next week.)

1) Marco and Will will distribute the first version of the database design for OntoMapper starting next week.  We talked about possible high-level structures for that document.

2) Introductions for Prakash and Brenton.  (Prakash is preparing a POC (proof of concept) based on Protégé Prompt that he can use to drive his high level design work.)

3) We walked through the first version of Maggie's lifecycle document (our documentation of a researcher's interaction with an IDR).

4) Mark Weiner pointed out that the fast interaction with this system will allow for many custom changes to the exclusion criteria in cohort discovery where prior to this technology that would have been impossible.

5) We talked about organizing the document based on the current lifecycle process and comparing that to the way the lifecycle process will be modified with the introduction of the IDR.

6) We talked about new business processes possible because of the presence of the IDR:  So far we have identified cohort discovery, risk assessment of phase IV clinical trials, pediatrics, quality research processes, and correlative analysis.  We suspect that there will be many such new business processes which are enabled by this technology and we are going to attempt to identify those as one of the main topics of the paper.

7) Maggie will incorporate this feedback into the next iteration of the paper and redistribute.  It looks to me as this document will have broad appeal.

Other matters: (not covered on the call but potentially important).

A) UCSF has gotten an account on the Rally Agile Development site.  Once we are a little further along I will begin tracking detailed tasks for this project by using that interface.  The first 10 users are free and I will assign those accounts to the current team members.

B) Our public code releases will be on SourceForge.net.  Our private revision control will be on Dynamsoft.  UCSF has already created an account for us and I will distribute those logins once we have some code to track.

Okay.  That was a busy meeting and many thanks to all of you.

"See" you next week … same time same channel …

Thanks!

Rob Wynden
UCSF