Health Ontology Mapper
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Hello everyone,

These are the minutes from this weeks Ontology Mapper con call:

On the call: Rob Wynden, Gail Harden, Marco Casale, Maggie Massary, Brenton Moore, Paul Norris, Prakash Lakshminarayanan, Mark Weiner, John Holmes, William DeGrazio.  (Boris Bastian, Kevin Haynes and Liat will likely join us next week).

Important (but not covered on call):

We now have a Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/ontologymapper with links to our Agile PM site.

(invitations will be sent out shortly - everyones default password will be 123start)

All of our current documentation, minutes and work assignments are available on this site.

1) We reviewed the current status of the Lifecycle Paper and came up with the following work assignments:

A) Document how a researcher in basic science would interact with the IDR : Boris Bastian & Rob Wynden

B) Document how a researcher in clinical research would interact with the IDR : Mark Weiner & John Holmes

C) Document how a doctor in a clinical environment can use the IDR "at the bedside" : Kevin Haynes

D) Overall document structure and merging of edits : Maggie Massary

2) On the Ontology Mapper Database Design we have the following reports:

A) Marco has the schema under development in ER Studio - it is unclear how i2b2 suggests the building of indexes

B) We discussed at length the concept path, concept code and fact table relationships.  Marco and Prakash are very close to closure on the existing i2b2 algorithm but we need to schedule a follow-up with i2b2 - (note: this has been arranged already … i2b2 may join our next call and we may have a call with Vivian before then).

C) We need to create data models for these sub components (Data Discovery UI, Data Request UI and the Mapping Interpreter).  The model for the HL7 interface will not be scheduled at this time.

D) We also talked about some problems Mark has had loading the i2b2 Gate software for NLP.  It seems a little green.

Thanks!

Rob Wynden

UCSF