Health Ontology Mapper
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Hello everyone,

Thank you for another lively Ontology Mapper call.

Present were: Rob, Stuart, Maggie, Liat, Prakash, Paul, Marco, Brenton, Gail, William and Mark

The minutes follow:

1) We spent the bulk of this hour reviewing the template Ontology Mapper database design paper which Marco distributed.  Several questions came up during the call…

2) Are materialized views (CRC - Clinical Research Charts) in this scheme logical data marts?  Can they be used to create both a View of the data and an actual extract based on that View?

Marco, can this be explained in the document?

3) Should we explain more specifically how our database extensions will interface with the observable fact table design in i2b2?  Rob sent out 2 images which explain some of that.

This is assigned to Marco and William.

4) How are source system data encodings mapped in i2b2.  Marco has just recently started following up with Griffin Weber at i2b2 on this.

5) There seems to be 4 types of schema update which will be required by the Ontology Mapper

a) Data Discovery UI - the database tables to support the metadata for Data Discovery

b) Data Request UI - the data tables to support the metadata for requesting new data from the IDR

c) Mapping Rules imported into the database

d) The HL7 interface data model

Marco will follow up with Prakash on 'c' and with Stuart on 'd'.

6) Should the CRC be used to generate on View for each Investigator for a single View for the entire IDR?  Which model would be most compatible with i2b2's future direction.

7) Can we just 'layer' in the ontology mapper and the creation of harvest tables before the data is accessed by the CRC?  Would this reduce the complexity of our implementation?

Marco, can you please take a stab at documenting this?

8) Rob will send Jim Cimino's prior art on this topic… (sorry I have it on my PC at home…)

Thanks again everyone … and thank you Marco for the terrific start!

Rob