Health Ontology Mapper
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Ontology Mapper Minutes

12/2/08

Present on call: Rob, Nick, Justin, Paul, Hillari, Aaron, Marco, Bill Grant, Davera and Prakash

1)     We focused on getting Aaron Abend into a productive state and working in within the group.  First off we reviewed a suggested i2b2 schema modification from Prakash and myself which will integrate the i2b2 table with the concept dimension.

1. The design approach (which we accepted) is essentially a “hands-off” integration that makes the minimum possible changes to the i2b2 table to support the integration.
  2. Each row in the i2b2 table will be associated with a row in the concept dimension.  This will be enforced via referential integrity.  Folders can optionally be used to house concepts in i2b2 and that functionality will continue to be supported.

2)     Aaron needs to contact Denise Lange at UCSF to get his VPN access working.

3)     Rob and Nick will schedule a technical ramp-up meeting and that will be followed with a deliverable and project schedule.  We are shooting for Friday.

4)     The UW team will also follow up with Denise Lange to get their VPN accounts provisioned as well.

5)     Davera gave us an HL7 report.

Okay, it’s going to be tough to expand our team to such a large extent but we need to keep pressing forward.  Have a good week!

Rob Wynden
UCSF