3.1 Quick Start Video
This video introduces the basic functionalities of the Query Tool through building a series of simple queries.
3.2 What is a Query?
An i2b2 Query is a request that contains users search criteria for patients stored in an i2b2 database. The query is sent to an i2b2 server, where the query is evaluated and the requested results are returned after some time. The i2b2 Webclient is a front-end interface that abstracts away the need for users to understand the technical underpinnings of the i2b2 system so that anyone can use it.
i. Definition of a Query
ii. Life Cycle of a Query
iii. Results of a Query
1) Patient Number is the default result
2) Other Options are available (see ... )
3) Detailed medical data are not part of the results the Query Tool can provide. Other steps are required.
3.3 Building a New Query
i. Including Terms
1) Dragging and Dropping
2) Including a Previous Query
3) Including a Query Result (Patient Set/ Patient)
4) Including a Folder in Workplace
ii. AND/OR Operators
Order of Precedents