The "i2b2 Wizard" is a bash-based tool to install and configure an i2b2 server. An i2b2-Wizard-based i2b2 installation offers much more flexibility compared to the official i2b2 virtual machine, but is much easier than a manual i2b2 installation from source code. i2b2 Wizard provides an easy to use semi-graphical menu system to install i2b2, create i2b2 projects and create users.
This documentation within the i2b2 community wiki was possible thanks to the TMF e.V. (see http://www.tmf-ev.de/EnglishSite/AboutUs.aspx)
This guide aims to be a comprehensive documentation about i2b2 Wizard, complemented with some information about setting up the virtual machine and the Linux system. Please note that this guide can not provide comprehensive information on installing and configuring Linux - you do need to have at least some knowledge about Linux.
Special features of i2b2 Wizard
- Semi-graphical program to install and configure i2b2
- Full i2b2 installation support
- Automatic download and extraction of required software packages
- Automatic installation of Linux software packages
- Automatic configuration and compilation of the i2b2 source code
- Automatic handling of all database stuff (schema creation, etc.)
- Full support for i2b2 administration
- Create and remove i2b2 projects and users
- Load and remove the Boston Demodata
- Change Hive ID and network interface and database configuration
- Change various passwords (e. g. from I2B2HIVE and I2B2PM)
- Recursive resolving of dependencies for setup targets / administration tasks
- SHRINE Installation
- Modular: runs on many flavours of Linux and supports different i2b2 versions and databases
- Automatic error detection & handling
About i2b2 Wizard
The i2b2 Wizard was started as a student's project in 2010 by Sebastian Mate to simplify the installation and administration of i2b2. Since then, it has received many contributions by other developers (special thanks to Igor Engel, Daniel Plog and Axel Newe). In 2012, the tool also became part of the IDRT and IDRT2 projects (http://idrt.imise.uni-leipzig.de) - funded by the BMBF and carried out by the Universities of Göttingen, Leipzig, Erlangen and the TMF e.V.
Copyright and licensing
Copyright (C) 2010-2015 Department for Medical Informatics, Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
Portions by 'Integrated Data Repository Toolkit' project (IDRT) Copyright (C) 2012 Technologie- und Methodenplattform fuer die vernetzte medizinische Forschung e.V. (TMF).
Portions by 'Integrated Data Repository Toolkit 2' project (IDRT2) Copyright (C) 2014 Technologie- und Methodenplattform fuer die vernetzte medizinische Forschung e.V. (TMF).
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.