Developers Getting Started With i2b2
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

1. The manager logs into the webclient and finds the query from their e-mail by locating the query master id, which is now part of the title of the previous query.

2. The manager user then re-runs the previous query.  In the Run Query dialog, the manager selects the requested export option in the Data export breakdown list.

Info

It is very important to put the original query master id (or some other identifier that links the export to the request) into the query name. The export letter will contain the query name, and this is the only way to trace the export back to the original request. (Currently there is no way to tie the export directory to the  data requester  query_master_id.) If the data manager runs the query as a query-in-query, the query name will automatically be populated with this identifier.

3. The data export runs in the background and the file is generated in a specified folder 

4. An e-mail is sent to the manager that can be forwarded to the requesting user, to inform them that their export is available and to provide retrieval info. 

Sample Letter generated for Data Manager

Results of the i2b2 request entitled - "Demographics_12_48_52", submitted on Apr 18, 2024 1:47:58 PM, are available.

Important notes about your data:
- Total number of patients returned in your data request: 133
- i2b2 reviewer:

Only persons specifically authorized and selected (as listed at the top of this letter) can download these files. If additional user access is needed, please ensure the person is listed on your project IRB protocol and contact the i2b2 team.

Specifically:
- Remove all PHI from computer, laptop, or mobile device after analysis is completed.
- Do NOT share PHI or PII with anyone who is not listed on the IRB protocol.

Your guideline for the storage of Protected Health Information can be found at: https://www.site.com/guidelines_for_protecting_and_storing_phi.pdf

*To download these files*
- You must be logged onto your site

These results are the data that was requested under the authority of the Institutional Review Board.  The query resulting in this identified patient data is included at the end of this letter.  A copy of this letter is kept on file and is available to the IRB in the event of an audit.

Thank you,

The i2b2 Team