Top New Features

Description

New WebClient Web client User Interface

ACT i2b2 on OMOP for MSSQL and Oracle databases

Improvements

Bugfixes

Community-Contributed Features

Detailed Documentation on New Features

ACT i2b2 on OMOP (for MSSQL and Oracle databases)

ACT i2b2 on OMOP enables functionality uses ACT Ontology in the front-end and enables the i2b2 Software to run against a database that uses the OMOP CDM (multiple fact tables) using ACT Ontology. The architecture. 

The following steps will load the required OMOP Views metadata and metadata CRC tables to configure your database and and the OMOP Views required to query the OMOP tables using the webclient.

Info

The CPT4 ontology table is not included with i2b2 due to AMA restrictions on redistribution of CPT code information. Contact the ACT team to get a copy if your institution is an AMA member.

1. Download and extract the new install zip package from "Download Binary Distribution" section of https://www.i2b2.org/software
  2. Edit the  edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata\db.properties file to update the project properties to 'ACT-OMOP'; example: db.project=ACT-OMOP
  3. From the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata folder, run the ant command: ant -f data_build.xml db_metadata_load_data
    1. This will execute the SQL scripts from the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata\act\scripts\<db type> folder and will create and load ACT-OMOP Ontology metadata tables tables. 
  4. You can now verify the new Ontology by logging into the web client.

2.  You can now run queries against the OMOP data tables from the webclientweb client interface

Note

Delete your Patient_dimension and Visit_dimension tables before executing the crc scripts. The OMOP views will build these as Views.

Step 3: Execute Totalnum counts