Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Info Box
titleThe Webclient configuration file has changed!

When upgrading to the v1.7.13 webclient, you will notice that i2b2_config_data.js has been renamed to i2b2_config_data.json. Your old configuration will still work with this new file name, but you will need to:

• remove all comments from the file (lines that begin with //).
  • Escape slashes (e.g., / becomes \/)

There are also new optional parameters, documented below and in 1.4.2 Domain Configuration.

Info Box
titleOther important links

Currently i2b2 db upgrade is a multi-step process of running upgrade SQL scripts and stored procedures individually on db instance. This release provides a set of upgrade scripts which will perform the complete db upgrade.

based on your current build version.

For example: Following Ant command will upgrade your db instance from 1.7.09c to latest version.

>ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_table_release_1-7-09c upgrade_table_release_1-7-10 upgrade_table_release_1-7-11 upgrade_table_release_1-7-12simplifies the process of running the  table upgrade SQL scripts from a the  data_build.xml.

Steps to Perform db upgrade:

• Backup your existing data folder
  • Copy all the folders from the extracted latest version download data folder   into your existing  data Upgrade folder
              . This will replace existing Crcdata, Hivedata, Metadata, PMdata folders.
    •  Example:  Downloads\
    2b2core
    • i2b2core-upgrade-
    1712a
    • 1713\i2b2\data to C:\opt\edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\Upgrade\.
    This will replace
               existing Crcdata, Hivedata, Metadata, PMdata folders.
     Alternative to above step, navigate to the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\Upgrade\   directory of your extracted folder
  • Copy the db.properties files from your back up into the respective locations (namely Crcdata, Hivedata, Metadata, PMdata )
  • Open the command prompt and navigate to  cell folders navigate  to each cell folder and run the following upgrade ant commands on your i2b2 database instance, where {db} can  be Oracle, sqlserver or postgresql.
    Alternative to above Step, you can run individual SQL scripts on your db instance in place of  ant commands.

In  data folder\Release_1-7\Upgrade\  run the ant commands under each individual cell subfolder folder as below.

Upgrade From BuildUpgrade to Latest build 1.7.13

1.7.09c

In the Crcdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-09c upgrade_tables_release_1-7-10 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

In the Hivedata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

In the Metadata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-10  upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

In the Crcdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_table_release_1-7-10 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

In the Hivedata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

In the Metadata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-10 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

In the Crcdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-11  upgrade_table_release_1-7-12a

In the Hivedata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-11 upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

In the Metadata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

1.7.12a

In the Crcdata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

In the Hivedata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

In the Metadata folder run the following ant command: ant -f data_build.xml upgrade_tables_release_1-7-12a

Finally, upgrade your db instance  stored procedures by executing the stored procedures under the cell folders ( namely Crcdata and Metadata folders)

Changelog

Database Drivers