• This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

•  
    Table of Contents

Highlight of Features

Frontend

LOTS OF TABS!

Info Box
titleThe Webclient configuration file has changed!

When upgrading to the v1.7.13 webclient, you will notice that i2b2_config_data.js has been renamed to i2b2_config_data.json. Your old configuration will still work with this new file name, but you will need to remove all comments from the file (lines that begin with //). There are also new optional parameters, documented below and in 1.4.2 Domain Configuration.

User Registration Tool

TODO

registrationMethodYString

NEW 1.7.13! Defines an information source for the new user registration tool. (If showRegistration is true, this parameter must be present.)

• "SAML" = The tool will register users based on SAML EPPNs.
  • Any other value = The tool will register users with information entered in the registration form that pops up.

Community-Contributed Features

i2b2 now includes support for SAML-based enterprise authentication via an institutional Identity Provider. To configure this, you need to do the following:

Configure the webclient to use SAML:

loginType = "federated" see 1.4.2 Domain Configuration

configure SimpleSAMLPHP (now included with i2b2) to talk to your institution's Identity Provider. To set up SAML:

We will use SimpleSAMLphp for IdP. Place the following files to the folder /etc/shibboleth/:

A new option is now available for loading Synthea data files into i2b2. Synthetic patient data generated by Synthea is hosted on  SyntheticMass..The Synthea sample files have been converted to i2b2-ACT format. The zipped data files can be downloaded from https://github.com/i2b2/i2b2-synthea
Synthea Load Process:

1. Download SyntheticMass Data, Version 2 (24 May, 2017)
  • All data sets (1k, COVID 10k, COVID 100k) have been verified to work EXCEPT the 100k patients in the large SyntheticMass Version 2 download. This version needs an extra step to delete invalid records before import. (Details coming soon.)
  1. Set up an i2b2 project with the ACT ontology.
  2. Run create_synthea_table_<your dbServertype>.sql in your project to create the Synthea tables.
  3. Import the Synthea data you downloaded in step one into the Synthea tables in your project.
  4. Load the i2b2-to-SNOMED table in this repository into your project. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/healthit/snomedct/us_edition.html
    • Click on the "Download SNOMED-CT to ICD-10-CM Mapping Resources" link to download. (You will need a UMLS account.)
    • Unzip the file
    • Import the TSV file into a table called SNOMED_to_ICD10 in your database.
  5. Run synthea_to_i2b2_sqlserver.sql to convert synthea data into i2b2 tables (this will truncate your existing fact and dimension tables!)
    • Replace references to i2b2metadata.dbo in the script. Use the database and schema where your ACT ontology tables are.

ACT Version-4 Ontology data load