TimeAlign
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

i2b2's TimeAlign plugin originates from the Lifelines2 project in the Human-computer Interaction Lab in the University of Maryland at College Park. Lifelines2 was a PhD dissertation project from Taowei David Wang, under the supervision of Ben Shneiderman and Catherine Plaisant. Taowei has since graduated and is now part of the broader i2b2 team, creating other plugins for the i2b2 platform.

Download and Setup

Prerequisite: i2b2 Workbench 1.6 or above.

1. Download the TimeAlign plugin here (.jar).
  2. Place the downloaded .jar file in your i2b2 workbench's workbench/plugins directory . (Picturepicture).
  3. Launch your i2b2 Workbench and log in. Select from menu: Window -> Show View -> Other... -> Align-in-time Category -> Align-in-time View to launch TimeAlign. If you do not see Align-in-time Category, please read on.
  4. Make sure your i2b2workbench.properties file contains the following line. (Picture) (Where to find i2b2workbench.properties?)
    Panel

writeTimelineFile=yes

5. Make sure your configuration file workbench/configuration/config.ini contains only the following. You can safely replace the content of your file with the following.
    Panel

#Product Runtime Configuration File

osgi.splashPath=platform:/base/plugins/edu.harvard.i2b2.eclipse
    eclipse.product=edu.harvard.i2b2.eclipse.product
    osgi.bundles=org.eclipse.equinox.common@2:start,org.eclipse.update.configurator@3:start,org.eclipse.core.runtime@start
    osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=4
    i2b2.homebase=https://www.i2b2.org/updateSite