Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migration of unmigrated content due to installation of a new plugin

The Web Client is pre-configured for a local host domain of i2b2demo and includes a PHP proxy in the distributed software. The information within these configuration sections was written to assist you in setting up the i2b2 Web Client to work with other domains in your environment. The changes to the PHP configuration are optional and we do recommend you review them to make sure it is appropriate for your environment.

There are basically two steps in configuring the i2b2 Web Client to work in your environment.

indent
Level1

Step 1: Configure the Proxy (Optional)

indent
Level1

Step 2: Configure the Domain

Info
titleNote

The registration and configuration of custom plug-ins and cells is not covered in this document. The Web Client Space in this community wiki contains additional documentation on custom plug-ins and cell.

The majority of the configuration settings are maintained in a connection configuration file called i2b2_config_data.js. The one exception is the PHP security configuration is maintained in a PHP file called index.php. The i2b2_config_data.js file contains the following attributes for defining the Proxy, Framework and Domains:

Name

Null

Type

Description

urlProxy

N

String

The full path URL for the i2b2 web services proxy server.

urlFramework

N

String

The full path URL to the root js-i2b2-directory.

lstDomains

N

Array

An array containing one or more domain definition objects. The domain attributes are defined in the section on configuring the domain.

EXAMPLE: default settings in i2b2_config_data.js

Code Block
borderStylesolid
titlei2b2_config_data.js
{
	urlProxy: "index.php",
	urlFramework: "js-i2b2/",
	startZoomed: true,
	//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	// THESE ARE ALL THE DOMAINS A USER CAN LOGIN TO
	lstDomains: [
		{ domain: "i2b2demo",
		  name: "HarvardDemo",
		  urlCellPM: "http://services.i2b2.org/i2b2/services/PMService/",
		  allowAnalysis: true,
		  debug: false
		}
	]
	//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
}

Note
titleImportant

Before you proceed with configuring the i2b2 Web Client we highly recommend you do a quick check to make sure the Web Client copied to your web server correctly. This can be done by opening your browser and entering the following address:

indent
level5

http://localhost/webclient/

The i2b2 Web Client page will display and you should be able to log into the i2b2 Host of HarvardDemo.