Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

ACT Version-4.1 OMOP Ontology data load

ACT i2b2 on OMOP enables  the i2b2 Software to run against a database that uses the OMOP CDM (multiple fact tables) using ACT Ontology . The following steps will load the required OMOP Views and metadata tables to configure your database

ACT V41OMOP metadata and CRC scripts along with OMOP views are now available for load into i2b2 db schema.

The CPT4 ontology table is not included with i2b2 due to AMA restrictions on redistribution of CPT code information. Contact the ACT team to get a copy if your institution is an AMA member.

Step 1: Load Ontology tables load process.

1. Download and extract the new install zip package from "Download Binary Distribution" section of https://www.i2b2.org/software
  2. Edit the  edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata\db.properties file to update the project properties to 'ACT-OMOP'; example: db.project=ACT-OMOP
  3. From the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata folder, run the ant command: ant -f data_build.xml db_metadata_load_data
    1. This will execute the SQL scripts from the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata\act\scripts\<db type> folder and will create and load ACT-OMOP Ontology metadata tables 
  4. You can now verify the new Ontology by logging into the web client.

Step 2: Load OMOP views and Concept dimension load processdimension

1. From the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Crcdata folder, run the ant command: ant -f data_build.xml db_demodata_load_data
    1. This will execute the  BUILD_ACT_OMOP_Views _<dbtpye> script from the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\crcdata\act-omop\scripts\<db type> folder and will create the OMOP views under the Views section in the database.
    2. In addition, the corresponding ACT-OMOP concept_dimension data is populated by executing the scripts form the crcdata.zip folders.

Note

Delete your Patient_dimension and Visit_dimension tables before executing the crc scripts. The OMOP views will build these as Views

Step 3: Execute Totalnum counts execution

Load and execute file totalnum_usp/sqlserver/totalnum_fast_prep_OMOP.sql and run the following command:

New Features and Improvements

Web client

WEBCLIENT-360 New web client User Interface

WEBCLIENT-359 old webclient packaged with default Admin-only configuration

Core-server

CORE-433  i2b2 on Rocky Linux 9 (CentOS 7 hits EOL 6/2024)

CORE-426  running i2b2 on OMOP data model