Release Management
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

There is a new user registration tool that can be enabled in the webclient.

Documentation on this new feature is here: 6.5a i2b2 Webclient User Registration

local registration

NEW 1.7.13! Defines an information source for the new user registration tool. (If showRegistration is true, this parameter must be present.)

SAML

SAML Authentication

i2b2 now includes support for SAML-based enterprise authentication via an institutional Identity Provider. To configure this, you need to do the following:

A. Configure the webclient to use SAML:

loginType = "federated" see 1.4.2 Domain Configuration

B. Configure users for SAML authentication

Create a user for each SAML-authenticating user with the user name set to the SAML EPPN. Create a pm_user_param setting authentication_method to SAML. Alternately, configure the user registration tool for federated mode, and it will allow users to create an i2b2 account if they have a valid SAML authentication. (Such users will still not have access to any projects until the administrator adds projects to his/her profile.)

C. Configure Shibboleth (SAML Service Provider) and AJP

Detailed documentation is in the install docs. See SAML setup. Note that this requires site-specific information from your institution's SAML Identity Provider. (DOCUMENTATION IS NOT CORRECTLY IMPORTED FROM KEVIN'S VERSION - https://github.com/kvb2univpitt/i2b2-saml-demo/tree/main/doc/saml_setup)Detailed setup instructions are in Chapter 8 of the Installation Guide.

Improved Totalnum Scripts

1. Set up an i2b2 project with the ACT ontology.
  2. Either download the SyntheticMass 1k sample from TODO LOCATION63k sample in i2b2 format from https://github.com/i2b2/i2b2-synthea, or follow the instructions below to load any Synthea dataset from scratch.

Loading concept_dimension: You can run  Insert_Concept_FROMTableAccess stored procedure on your db located in edu.harvard.i2b2.data/Release_1-7/NewInstall/Crcdata/scripts/procedures/<db type>/ which will iterate through table_access and load concept_dimension with data corresponding to the  c_table_name metadata tabletables.

Security Enhancements

• i2b2 has been made more secure by addressing parameterization and other potential vulnerabilities according to a Veracode scan.
  • Log4J has been upgraded to the latest version. Following jars are updated in lib/axis2.war/WEB-INF/lib folder
  1. log4j-api-2.17.1.jar
  2. log4j-core-2.17.1.jar
  3. log4j-jcl-2.17.1.jar

Improved db Upgrade Process

• Backup your existing data folder
  • Copy all the folders from the extracted download data folder   into your existing  data Upgrade folder
               Example:  Downloads\2b2core-upgrade-1712a\i2b2\data to C:\opt\edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\Upgrade\. This will replace
               existing Crcdata, Hivedata, Metadata, PMdata folders.
     Alternative to above step, navigate to the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\Upgrade\   directory of your extracted folder
  • Copy the db.properties files from your back up into the respective locations(namely Crcdata, Hivedata, Metadata, PMdata )
  • Open the command prompt and navigate to  cell folders and run the following upgrade ant commands on your i2b2 database instance, where {db}       can  be Oracle, sqlserver or postgresql.
    Alternative to above Step, you can run individual SQL scripts on your db instance in place of  ant commands.