Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

UI Expand
titleTable of Contents for Navigate Terms

Table of Contents

Terms, (also called concepts), make up vocabularies (or ontologies) in i2b2 and are the building blocks of i2b2 queries.  The Navigate Terms Panelis used to find terms for constructing queries. It has two tabs, the Navigate Terms tab and the Find tab.   

In the metadata table, an attribute is set to determine whether or not a term is active, inactive or hidden. If an item is marked as hidden it will not appear in the list of terms. Selecting Show Hidden Terms will display those items marked to be hidden. For easy identification, hidden terms will be red when displayed in the results list.

Show Synonymous Terms

Some terms may be flagged in the metadata table as a synonym of another term. Selecting Show Synonymous Terms will display both the original term and the synonym in the Find Terms view. For easy identification, synonymous terms will be blue when displayed in the results list.

Enable Patient Counts

The Enable patient counts option will display the total number of patients that have a fact entered for that item.

Use Short Tooltips

In the i2b2 webclient, a tooltip displays when the cursor hovers over an item. By default, the tooltip that displays contains the entire path name and the tooltip that is specific to that item. Enabling the Use short tooltips option will only display the tooltip information; the path will not be included.

In addition to showing the tooltip, this option will also display the concept code associated with the item.

Disable Modifiers

The ability to search for modifiers will not be available if the Disable modifiers option is checked off.