Step 8: Configure the data sources for the IM Cell
The IM cell needs to communicate with your i2b2 database and in order to do this it needs to know where the tables for the imdata and hivedata reside. Therefore the eighth and final step in the cell configuration process is to configure the data sources for the IM Cell. This information is configured in the im-ds.xml file.
Things to keep in mind when configuring your datasources:
- The imdata and hivedata tables were created during the chapter on Data Installation.
- The IMBootStrapDS points to the data source for your WORK_DB_LOOKUP table which is a hivedata table.
- The <user-name> and <password> need to match the database user you set up for your hivedata. In the i2b2 demo database this is i2b2hive and demouser.
- The IMDemoDS points to the data source for your imdata tables.
- The <user-name> and <password> need to match the database user you set up for your imdata. In the i2b2 demo database this is i2b2imdata and demouser.
- The <connection_url> needs to have the following:
- The correct JDBC information for your type of database.
- The correct location of the database containing your imdata or hivedata tables. (These may or may not reside in the same location)
- Both the <driver-class> and <driver> need to accurately reflect the type of database you are connecting to.
Steps to configure data sources
The following steps define how to configure your data sources for the IM Cell. These steps include example configurations for Oracle, PostreSQL and SQL Server.
Oracle Database Configuration
PostgreSQL Database Configuration
SQL Server Database Configuration
Second Data Source Configuration
The above example is for an Oracle database. If your database is SQL Server or PostgreSQL then you will need to copy the <datasource> section for your type database connection. Do not use this one as it will not work.