The move_child message is sent to move the location of a folder in a tree. This message requires the user to specify the new parent for the leaf or folder.
Move a Folder in the Tree
To move a folder in the tree, the sequence of events is as follows:
- The client provides a new parent for a given folder.
- WORK server performs the following steps:
- Parses the folder index to obtain the key / table_cd
- Query WORKPLACE_ACCESS table for the table name associated with the table_cd.
- Update the WORKPLACE table with the new parent_index for the folder.
- Client moves the folder and updates the tree content.
move_child Request Message
This message requires the user to specify the new parent for the leaf or folder. No additional attribute settings are necessary.
move_child Response Message
A status type of DONE or ERROR is specified in the response header. No specialized message_body is returned to the client.