A get_folder_by_userid message returns a list of folders that will be displayed as roots of the Workplace tree. No other information needs to be passed to the service.
User information is provided in the <message_header>; roles will be provided by the Project Management (PM) cell.
Get a List of Folders Associated with a User
The get_folder_by_userid message is sent by the workplace view to populate the root nodes available to a user.
The sequence of events is as follows (assumes max is not an issue)
- The client requests a list of categories for a given user (get_folder_by_userid)
Request type = core
- The WORK server performs the following steps:
- Get a list of roles available for this user from the PM cell (this also serves to validate the user)
- Query the WORKPLACE_ACCESS table for the list of folders associated with this user for the project they are logged into.
- The client maps the list of folders to the Workplace root node.
GET_folder_by_userid Request Message
Possible "type" Settings
Return all data except system / date information
GET_folder_by_userid Response Message