The delete_child message is sent to mark a leaf in a folder or the folder itself for deletion. (c_status_cd = 'D') Deleting a folder will cause its children to be marked for deletion as well.
Delete a Node in the Tree
To delete a node in the tree, the sequence of events is as follows:
- The client specifies a leaf or folder to be marked for deletion.
- WORK server performs the following steps:
- Parses the leaf or folder index to obtain the key / table_cd
- Query WORKPLACE_ACCESS table for the table name associated with the table_cd.
- Update the WORKPLACE table with to mark node corresponding to specified index for deletion.
- Client removes the leaf or folder.
delete_child Request Message
This message requires the user to specify the leaf or folder to be marked for deletion. No additional attribute settings are necessary.
delete_child Response Message
A status type of DONE or ERROR is specified in the response header. No specialized message_body is returned to the client.