Open Source Software License Agreement
Copyright © 2008-2012, The Regents of the University of California
All rights reserved.
This AGREEMENT is effective today by and between you, hereinafter referred to as "LICENSEE", and THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA ("THE REGENTS"), a California constitutional corporation having its statewide administrative offices at 1111 Franklin Street, Oakland, California 94607-5200 and acting through its Office of Technology Management, University of California San Francisco, 185 Berry Street, Suite 4603, San Francisco, California 94107 ("UCSF").
This Agreement concerns copyrights in software jointly owned by THE REGENTS (representing both UCSF and the University of California Davis ("Davis")), University of Pennsylvania ("Penn"), and University of Rochester ("Rochester") and called Health Ontology Mapper ("HOM"), a rules-based approach to integrated data repository deployment. HOM was conceived and developed by Dr. Robert Wynden, of UCSF (Case No. SF2008-154), in conjunction with Dr. Davera Gabriel of Davis, Maggie Massary of Penn, and Marco Casale of Rochester ("SOFTWARE"). By prior agreement, all owners have agreed that UCSF will take responsibility for managing and licensing the joint copyrights in SOFTWARE on behalf of the joint owners.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- THE REGENTS, Penn and Rochester retain ownership of all materials delivered to the LICENSEE.
- Any modifications or derivative works based on the SOFTWARE are considered part of the SOFTWARE and ownership thereof is retained by THE REGENTS, Davis, Penn and Rochester.
- All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must display the following acknowledgement:
"This product includes software developed by UCSF, UC Davis, U of Penn, and U of Rochester."
- Neither the name of the UCSF, UC Davis, U of Penn, and U of Rochester nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY UCSF ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL UCSF, DAVIS, PENN, OR ROCHESTER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
This license is intended for academic and non-profit use only. For commercial licenses, please contact the UCSF Office of Technology Management: http://otm.ucsf.edu