About the FAIR-conceptTracer Web Client Plugin
This plugin is part of the FAIR (Familial, Associational, & Incidental Relationships) Tool Set developed as a result of feedback and suggestions from the i2b2 users community in the University of Massachusetts Medical School. As its name implies, the purpose of this tool set is to facilitate a researcher in the pursuit of studies which may involve members of a patient's relationships of any defined types.
This plugin provides the following main functions:
- Tabulates all available FAIR members of each patient for a set of selected Patients.
- Allows selection of certain patients and their FAIR members for tracing concepts in them in tabulation.
- Optionally exports aforementioned tabulated data into an Excel spreadsheet file and / or a CSV file conveniently.
- Navigate to the "Specify Data" tab; then, drag and drop a desired Patient Set and one or more Concepts onto the input boxes provided.
- Click the "Select Subjects" tab to view the patients and their FAIR members.
- Select appropriate subjects for tracing the selected Concepts ("concept_cd") in the "related" individuals.
- Click the "View Results" tab to view the tabulated results.
- Optionally click the appropriate button to export the tabulated data into an Excel spreadsheet file and / or a CSV file conveniently.
- Optionally repeat steps 3-4 (or 3-5) to select different subjects and FAIRs for additional / different Concept tracing.
- This plugin works on the following browsers: Firefox (v.4.0.1), Chrome (v.19.0), Safari (v.5.0.5), and Internet Explorer (v.8.0 & v.9.0.1).
- The i2b2 Web client itself does not work on the following browser: Opera (v.11.50).
i2b2 Version Compatibilities
This version (v.1.0) of this plugin is developed on i2b2 v.126.96.36.199.
Inital release, for i2b2 v188.8.131.52.
This plugin is free to the rest of the i2b2 community. It can be downloaded from the University of Massachusetts Medical School website for i2b2 related downloads, as well as the Google Code project download page set up for it.
This plugin is published under the GNU GPL v3 license.
This software is distributed as a plugin to the i2b2 v1.6 webclient framework, and may be used free of charge. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This plugin was created by S. Wayne Chan, Tom English, Rajani Sadasivam, Thomas Houston, & the Bio-Medical Informatics (BMI) Core Team, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA.
Copyright 2012 University of Massachusetts Medical School.
This plugin leveraged off the following:
- the general construct / format /style / template used in the i2b2 web client plugin examples by N. Benik & G. Weber.
- the XLS export feature of the ExportXLS plugin by M. Bucalo, Universita' di Pavia.