[CORE-245] BATCH_MODE says PROCESSING even though query finished running Created: 12/Dec/16  Updated: 08/Feb/17  Resolved: 13/Dec/16

Project: i2b2 Core Software
Component/s: CRC Cell
Affects Version/s: 1.7.08a
Fix Version/s: 1.7.08b

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

Sprint: Release 1.7.08b
Affects View/s:
Timeline View
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Core
Affects Database/s:
All databases
Developer Notes: Code changes were done by Mike Mendis
Testing Notes: verified the statuses are now updated correctly. When a query finishes running the BATCH_MODE is now set to FINISHED and the timeline will be automatically generated.
Participant/s:

Description   
The BATCH_MODE in the QT_QUERY_INSTANCE table is not getting set to the correct status when a query finishes running. Currently it is getting set to PROCESSING and it should be FINISHED.

As a result the wrong status for the <batch_mode> is sent in the xml message that is returned to the client. If the result type of TIMELINE is checked when running a query the client will automatically generate the timeline when the query has finished running. The workbench uses the <batch_mode> sent in the response message to determine whether or not a query has finished. Since the <batch_mode> is being sent as PROCESSING, the Workbench determines it should not generate the timeline. As a result, users have to take the added steps of going to Previous Queries and manually dragging the query to the Timeline view to generate the timeline.

Comments   
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 12/Dec/16 ]
The BATCH_MODE in the QT_QUERY_INSTANCE table will now be updated to FINISHED once a query finishes running.

The <batch_mode> sent in the response xml will now have the correct status of FINISHED.
Generated at Fri Apr 19 11:10:09 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.