[CORE-156] PM may not send the correct cell information when multiple projects and cells defined Created: 29/Oct/14  Updated: 04/Jun/15  Resolved: 19/Mar/15

Project: i2b2 Core Software
Component/s: PM Cell
Affects Version/s: 1.7.03
Fix Version/s: 1.7.05

Type: Bug Priority: Critical
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

Issue Links:
Relates
related to CORE-177 Workbench may be using the wrong cell... Closed
related to CORE-180 SHRINE queries will not run once i2b2... Closed
related to WEBCLIENT-109 Web Client may be using the wrong cel... Closed
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Core
i2b2 Related Project/s:
SCILHS, SHRINE
Affects Database/s:
All databases
Testing Notes: Test Date: 03/19/2015
Build Number:
Test Status: Passed

Test Comments:
Tested with the latest server build and it appears to be working correctly. The PM cell now returns all cells when logging into the client. I also verified the projects are using the correct cell when performing various actions such as running a query.

Clients Tested :
     i2b2 Web Client v1.7.05
     i2b2 Workbench v1.7.04

Environments Tested :
     Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
     Databases: Not applicable for this test
     Client OS: Mac OS X (Mavericks) and Windows 7
Participant/s:

Description   
When you log into the i2b2 Web Client or the Workbench, the client sends a get services request to the PM cell. The message returned from the PM cell contains the configuration for the user, the domain, and information about the different cells defined for the environment they are logging into. The client uses this information during the session to locate the appropriate cell when performing various actions.

The problem is under certain conditions the data for the wrong cell will be returned to the client. The conditions for this problem to exist are as follows:

1. Multiple projects defined in a single hive.
- AND -
2. The cells associated to each project are specific to the project (i.e. multiple cells with different locations).
- AND -
3. The user logging into the client has access to the different projects.

Example:
In the following example I am only showing the setup of the CRC cell but this issue will happen with other cells (i.e. Ontology, Workflow)

Project 1 is setup with following:
      Project ID = Demo
      Project Name = i2b2 Demo
      Project Path = /Demo

Cell ID = CRC
     Name = Data Repository
     URL = http://location-123/i2b2/services/QueryToolService
     Project Path = /Demo

Project 2 is setup with following:
      Project ID = Demo2
      Project Name = i2b2 Demo 2
      Project Path = /Demo2

Cell ID = CRC
     Name = Data Repository
     URL = http://location-456/i2b2/services/QueryToolService
     Project Path = /Demo2

In the above example, when the user logs into the second project (Demo2) the PM cell will send back the data for the first CRC cell that it finds. This may be the CRC cell data for the first project, which means the client has the wrong location for the CRC cell.

WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN:
The PM needs to send back the appropriate data for the specific project the user is logged into.

Comments   
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 12/May/15 ]
Version 1.7.05 of the i2b2 Software has been released and is available for download on the i2b2 website (http://www.i2b2.org/software).
Generated at Fri Apr 19 22:22:24 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.