• Resolution: Unresolved
    • None
    • TBD
    • None
    • None
    • Navigate Terms
    • Modifiers

Description

This ticket reports two separate but related bugs which leads to a visual contradiction given certain parameter combinations in the metadata.

Bug # 1:

The first bug involves the improper visual representation of a modifier in an ontology when the C_HLEVEL is incorrect. So far, my understanding of the interaction between M_APPLIED_PATH and C_HLEVEL is that M_APPLIED_PATH specifies the root from which the modifier should hang, and in respect to the modifier treats this path as a new root with "C_HLEVEL = 0". This requires that the modifier have a C_HLEVEL value of 1. If the C_HLEVEL value is greater than 1, the modifier shows up as a regular leaf node. What I expect to happen is that the modifier should not be visible at all, since there is a gap between the "modifier root" specified by M_APPLIED_PATH and the ontological entry specified by C_FULLNAME.

Bug # 2:

This bug builds upon the first bug and occurs when we wish to create modifier folders or containers and to populate them with modifier leaf nodes. The C_FULLNAME for these modifier leaf nodes must include the C_FULLNAME of the modifier parent folder and the C_HLEVEL must be one greater than the modifier parent folder, similar to how regular folders/containers and leaf nodes are nested. However, the M_APPLIED_PATH must be the value of the C_PATH of the parent folder in order for the modifier to nest, essentially "skipping" over a level we have created. If M_APPLIED_PATH is any other value, including the C_FULLNAME of the parent folder, the modifier will not appear within the modifier folder. I expected that the rules for M_APPLIED_PATH would extend to modifier folders as well as regular folders, but it seems that there are no support for modifier concepts for this field.

Attachments

Activity

People

nich Nich
            mzd2016 Marcos Davila
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

Dates

Created:
              Updated: