Uploaded image for project: 'i2b2 Web Client'
  1. i2b2 Web Client
  2. WEBCLIENT-171

query run with long name( more than 42 characters) is resulting in query time out and with larger number is giving sql error

XMLWordPrintable

Details

• Bug
    • Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • None
    • None
    • None
    • Query Tool
    • Queries
    • i2b2 Web Client
    • BBP
    • Hide
      TEST STATUS: Passed
      COMPLETION DATE: 08/15/2016

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TEST DATE: 08/09/2016
      TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe
      BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.08.0001
      TEST STATUS: Failed

CLIENTS TESTED:
           i2b2 Web Client

ENVIRONMENTS TESTED:
           Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
           Databases: Not applicable for this test
           Client OS: Windows and Macintosh

TEST COMMENTS:
      Tested with the latest build (1.7.08.0001) and it is not working correctly.

Queries whose name is longer than 165 characters will have the issues described in ISSUE section of this testing note.. If the name is 165 or less the query will run and display the data correctly.

SCENARIOS TESTED
      Tested with both regular queries and temporal queries.

ISSUES FOUND:
      The following issues will occur if the name is longer than 165 characters:

1. Graph results tab is empty it should display the query name and number of patients.
      2. The Query Results are missing from the Query Report. Heading appears but results are missing.
      3. In Previous Query, the result instance displays as “undefined” instead of “Number of patients for”.
      4. In Previous Queries, the query instance says INCOMPLETE and the result instance says FINISHED.
      5. In the QT_QUERY_INSTANCE table the BATCH_MODE has a status of ERROR.
      6. All three result tabs are empty when you drop the previous query in the Query Tool.
      7. Not able to drop the previous query into Workplace. A database error is returned. This is because the name column only allows 255 characters and this one is 322 so it couldn’t be filed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TEST DATE: 08/15/2016
      TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe
      BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.08.0002
      TEST STATUS: Passed

CLIENTS TESTED:
           i2b2 Web Client

ENVIRONMENTS TESTED:
           Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
           Databases: Not applicable for this test
           Client OS: Windows and Macintosh

TEST COMMENTS:
      Tested with the latest build (1.7.08.0002) and it appears to be working correctly.

The Query Name field will only accept 164 characters.

Verified all the results appear correctly and the previous query can be dropped in Workplace.
      Show
      TEST STATUS: Passed COMPLETION DATE: 08/15/2016 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ TEST DATE: 08/09/2016 TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.08.0001 TEST STATUS: Failed CLIENTS TESTED:      i2b2 Web Client ENVIRONMENTS TESTED:      Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari      Databases: Not applicable for this test      Client OS: Windows and Macintosh TEST COMMENTS: Tested with the latest build (1.7.08.0001) and it is not working correctly. Queries whose name is longer than 165 characters will have the issues described in ISSUE section of this testing note.. If the name is 165 or less the query will run and display the data correctly. SCENARIOS TESTED Tested with both regular queries and temporal queries. ISSUES FOUND: The following issues will occur if the name is longer than 165 characters: 1. Graph results tab is empty it should display the query name and number of patients. 2. The Query Results are missing from the Query Report. Heading appears but results are missing. 3. In Previous Query, the result instance displays as “undefined” instead of “Number of patients for”. 4. In Previous Queries, the query instance says INCOMPLETE and the result instance says FINISHED. 5. In the QT_QUERY_INSTANCE table the BATCH_MODE has a status of ERROR. 6. All three result tabs are empty when you drop the previous query in the Query Tool. 7. Not able to drop the previous query into Workplace. A database error is returned. This is because the name column only allows 255 characters and this one is 322 so it couldn’t be filed. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ TEST DATE: 08/15/2016 TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.08.0002 TEST STATUS: Passed CLIENTS TESTED:      i2b2 Web Client ENVIRONMENTS TESTED:      Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari      Databases: Not applicable for this test      Client OS: Windows and Macintosh TEST COMMENTS: Tested with the latest build (1.7.08.0002) and it appears to be working correctly. The Query Name field will only accept 164 characters. Verified all the results appear correctly and the previous query can be dropped in Workplace.

Description

drag and drop a previous query onto query tool name box
      click run
      on the run query name input box, update the query name with large no, more than 42 characters
      click run
      Expected: the query input name box should limit user entry to max character allowed
      Actual: query processing times out
      with even larger set of characters( tried 276, sql error is displayed as in screenshot

Attachments

Activity

People

jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            rm302 Reeta Metta
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

Dates

Created:
              Updated: