Uploaded image for project: 'i2b2 Web Client'
  1. i2b2 Web Client
  2. WEBCLIENT-170

Query run without selecting any run option is putting the query in processing queue

XMLWordPrintable

Details

• Bug
    • Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • None
    • None
    • None
    • Query Tool
    • Queries
    • i2b2 Web Client
    • BBP
    • Hide
      TEST STATUS: Re-opened
      COMPLETION DATE: 08/09/2016

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TEST DATE: 08/09/2016
      TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe
      BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.08.0001
      TEST STATUS: Re-opened

CLIENTS TESTED:
           i2b2 Web Client

ENVIRONMENTS TESTED:
           Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
           Databases: Not applicable for this test
           Client OS: Windows and Macintosh

TEST COMMENTS:
      Tested with the latest build (1.7.08.0001) and it appears to be working correctly. The following warning will appear:

"You must select one result type to run"

Once you click on OK, both the warning and run windows will close.

ADDITIONAL DESIGN RECOMMENDATION:
      Right now when the warning window closes the Run dialog window also closes. When this happens they need to click on Run again to open the dialog. If they had renamed their query they will lose it when the dialog window closes. They will need to change it again when they click on run.

CHANGE:
      Only the warning window closes when the user clicks on OK. The focus will return to the Run window and the focus will be on this window. Users can then select a Result Type and run the query.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TEST DATE: 08/15/2016
      TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe
      BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.08.0002
      TEST STATUS: Passed

TEST COMMENTS:
      Tested with the latest build (1.7.08.0002) and it appears to be working correctly. Now when you close the Warning window, the focus will be returned to the Run window.

Show
      TEST STATUS: Re-opened COMPLETION DATE: 08/09/2016 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ TEST DATE: 08/09/2016 TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.08.0001 TEST STATUS: Re-opened CLIENTS TESTED:      i2b2 Web Client ENVIRONMENTS TESTED:      Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari      Databases: Not applicable for this test      Client OS: Windows and Macintosh TEST COMMENTS: Tested with the latest build (1.7.08.0001) and it appears to be working correctly. The following warning will appear: "You must select one result type to run" Once you click on OK, both the warning and run windows will close. ADDITIONAL DESIGN RECOMMENDATION: Right now when the warning window closes the Run dialog window also closes. When this happens they need to click on Run again to open the dialog. If they had renamed their query they will lose it when the dialog window closes. They will need to change it again when they click on run. CHANGE: Only the warning window closes when the user clicks on OK. The focus will return to the Run window and the focus will be on this window. Users can then select a Result Type and run the query. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ TEST DATE: 08/15/2016 TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.08.0002 TEST STATUS: Passed TEST COMMENTS: Tested with the latest build (1.7.08.0002) and it appears to be working correctly. Now when you close the Warning window, the focus will be returned to the Run window.

Description

with demo user
      drag and drop a query onto the query name tool box and click run
      uncheck all the run options.
      run the query
      Expected: user should not be allowed to run queries without selecting atleast one option.
      Actual: msg display that the query has timed out and will be run in background
      on clicking ok, the query gets stuck in "processing" mode

Attachments

Activity

People

jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            rm302 Reeta Metta
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

Dates

Created: