Clients Tested :
           i2b2 Web Client
           i2b2 Workbench

Environments Tested :
           Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
           Databases: Not applicable for this test
           Client OS: Windows and Macintosh

Test Comments:
      Tested with the latest web client build and it appears to be working correctly. When you click on the Exclude option in the panel all items will now have the word "NOT" in front of them. Any new items you add to the panel will automatically display "NOT".

Scenarios Tested:
      1. Verified this feature works on all supported web browsers.
      2. Verified a Web Client query with exclusions runs correctly in the Workbench. **
      3. Verified a Workbench query with exclusions displays the "NOT" correctly when adding the previous query to the Query tool in the Web Client.
      4. Verified the Workbench query with exclusions runs correctly in the Web Client.

** Workbench note: this new feature is only available in the Web Client. The Workbench will not display "NOT" in front of each item in the panel. During the testing this was verified to be working correctly in both Windows and Macintosh clients.

ISSUES FOUND:
      No issues were found when testing.
      Show
      TEST STATUS: Completed COMPLETION DATE: 12/15/2015 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Test Date: 12/15/2015 Build Number: 1.7.07.0005 Test Status: Completed (Passed Testing) Clients Tested :      i2b2 Web Client      i2b2 Workbench Environments Tested :      Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari      Databases: Not applicable for this test      Client OS: Windows and Macintosh Test Comments: Tested with the latest web client build and it appears to be working correctly. When you click on the Exclude option in the panel all items will now have the word "NOT" in front of them. Any new items you add to the panel will automatically display "NOT". Scenarios Tested: 1. Verified this feature works on all supported web browsers. 2. Verified a Web Client query with exclusions runs correctly in the Workbench. ** 3. Verified a Workbench query with exclusions displays the "NOT" correctly when adding the previous query to the Query tool in the Web Client. 4. Verified the Workbench query with exclusions runs correctly in the Web Client. ** Workbench note: this new feature is only available in the Web Client. The Workbench will not display "NOT" in front of each item in the panel. During the testing this was verified to be working correctly in both Windows and Macintosh clients. ISSUES FOUND: No issues were found when testing.

Description

In the Query Tool, located within the i2b2 Web Client, there is an option to Exclude all items in the panel. Currently the only indication that items in the panel are being excluded is a message box at the bottom of the panel. The text in the message box will be updated to say "none of these" and the background color of the message box will change to pink.

In release 1.7.07 we are implementing a change that will make it clearer to the users that a panel is to be excluded. In the Web Client we will now display the word "NOT" in front of each item listed in the panel marked for exclusion. We will continue to update the text box as we have done in previous releases.

HOW THIS FEATURE WILL WORK:

Clicking on the Exclude button at the top of panel will do the following

1."NOT" will appear before each item that is currently listed in the panel.
      2. Any new items added to the panel will automatically display the word "NOT" in front of them.
      3. The message box will be updated to say "none of these" and the background color changed to pink.

Clicking on the Exclude button again (changing back to include) will do the following:

1. The word "NOT" will no longer display.
      2. New items added to the panel will not display "NOT"
      3. The message box will be changed back to say "one or more of these" and the background color changed to green.

NOTE: This improvement only affects how excluded panels display in the Web Client. It does not change any of the functionality of how exclusions are handled by the CRC.

Attachments

Activity

People

jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            nich Nich
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

Dates

Created:
              Updated: