Details

• Bug
    • Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • 1.7.08b
    • None
    • None
      0|i003bb:
    • Queuing has been updated. Now the queries themselves can only run for the time determined by the timeout.

Description

All queries had hard coded timeouts of 7200 seconds which meant that any query (including interactive queries) were allowed to run for 7200 seconds. Even if a large query had a configured time out greater than 7200 sec, it would only run for 7200.

Changed the code so that the actual query on the db stops (timeout or cancel) after 1. the request time out for an interactive query or 2 the configured timeout for medium or large queues. The only way to truly test that the queries stop is to log onto the db server and see how long they run for. Barring that you can look in the log for Query has timed out; Query has been cancelled messages.

This fix triggered bamboo issue #1100 (VerifyStatus failing) A subsequent fix was added to fix the VerifyStatus issue. (Basically even though the query was complete the response was showing queryInstance status = error -- you have to dig into the message to see the problem)

Attachments

Activity

People

jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

Dates

Created:
              Updated: