• Resolution: Fixed
    • CRC Cell, Workbench
    • None
      0|i001mn:
    • Timeline View
    • i2b2 Web Client
    • All databases
    • Hide
      Although I am not able to reproduce this specific issue in our environment using demo data I am able to reproduce a couple of issues that may be contributing to the issue reported by the user.

Issue 1: Patients returned from the CRC are in random order.

Issue 2: Have to click on Back and Next buttons twice to see the previous or next group of patients.

NOTE: Issue #2 may be a limitation of the current design of the Timeline.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

In the examples that follow the Patient Set contains the following 18 patients and an increment of 10 patients is set as the default:

06, 12, 15, 33. 38, 42, 44, 47, 52, 66, 74, 78, 86, 87, 89, 91, 92, 94

STEPS FOR ISSUE 1:

In the first issue the order in which the patients are returned from the CRC appears to be random. The first group of patients returned contained the following patients.

06, 33, 38, 44, 47, 66, 86, 89, 92, 94

The second group of patients contained the following patients:

12, 15, 42, 52, 74, 78, 87, 91

The expectation is group 1 would contain the first 10 patients and the second group would contain the remaining 8 patients.

STEPS FOR ISSUE 2:
      Using the same example, when you first render the timeline, 10 of your patients will display and the Start will say 11. When you click on the Next button the next group of patients will display and the Start will be increased to 21. So far it is working correctly.

At this point you are at the end of your list and you want to go back to look at the first 10 again, so you click on the Previous button. The Start changes back to 11 and the timeline refreshes but the same patients are displaying in the timeline (patients from group 2 not the first 10 patients).

If you click on the previous button again the first 10 patients will display and the Start will be 1. At this point if you click on the Next button the same 10 patients will display and the Start will be updated to 11. You need to click on the Next button again to actually see the next group of patients.

As stated earlier this second issue may be a limitation of the current design of the timeline and therefore is not a bug with the software but a documentation and training issue for users.

Show
      Although I am not able to reproduce this specific issue in our environment using demo data I am able to reproduce a couple of issues that may be contributing to the issue reported by the user. Issue 1: Patients returned from the CRC are in random order. Issue 2: Have to click on Back and Next buttons twice to see the previous or next group of patients. NOTE: Issue #2 may be a limitation of the current design of the Timeline. STEPS TO REPRODUCE: In the examples that follow the Patient Set contains the following 18 patients and an increment of 10 patients is set as the default: 06, 12, 15, 33. 38, 42, 44, 47, 52, 66, 74, 78, 86, 87, 89, 91, 92, 94 STEPS FOR ISSUE 1: In the first issue the order in which the patients are returned from the CRC appears to be random. The first group of patients returned contained the following patients. 06, 33, 38, 44, 47, 66, 86, 89, 92, 94 The second group of patients contained the following patients: 12, 15, 42, 52, 74, 78, 87, 91 The expectation is group 1 would contain the first 10 patients and the second group would contain the remaining 8 patients. STEPS FOR ISSUE 2: Using the same example, when you first render the timeline, 10 of your patients will display and the Start will say 11. When you click on the Next button the next group of patients will display and the Start will be increased to 21. So far it is working correctly. At this point you are at the end of your list and you want to go back to look at the first 10 again, so you click on the Previous button. The Start changes back to 11 and the timeline refreshes but the same patients are displaying in the timeline (patients from group 2 not the first 10 patients). If you click on the previous button again the first 10 patients will display and the Start will be 1. At this point if you click on the Next button the same 10 patients will display and the Start will be updated to 11. You need to click on the Next button again to actually see the next group of patients. As stated earlier this second issue may be a limitation of the current design of the timeline and therefore is not a bug with the software but a documentation and training issue for users.

Description

A provider at BWH reported the following issue:

Unable to view several patients in the timeline. The patients are part of the patient set but they are not appearing in the timeline.

There are 20 patients in the patient set but he is only able to view 12 of them. There are 8 that are not visible.

Attachments

Activity

People

mem61 Mike Mendis
            jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

Dates

Created:
              Updated: