Uploaded image for project: 'i2b2 Core Software'
  1. i2b2 Core Software
  2. CORE-141

Remove carriage returns / line feeds from metadataxml when filing a term in Edit Terms view

XMLWordPrintable

Details

• Improvement
    • Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Ontology Cell
    • None
      0|i000av:
    • i2b2 Core
    • PCORI, SCILHS
    • This is fixed on the server side.
    • Hide
      Tested with the latest ontology server changes (1.7.03) and it appears to be working. Added a few terms via the Edit Terms view and none of them filed with a carriage return / line feed.

Then manually added line feed directly into the database. Edited the term and verified the line feed was removed.
      Show
      Tested with the latest ontology server changes (1.7.03) and it appears to be working. Added a few terms via the Edit Terms view and none of them filed with a carriage return / line feed. Then manually added line feed directly into the database. Edited the term and verified the line feed was removed.

Description

In the Edit Terms view users can add terms with the semantic type of Lab, which allows them to enter additional data (i.e. numerical or enumerated values). This additional data is used to create the metadataxml for the term.

Currently the metadataxml is filed into the C_METADATAXML column in the custom metadata table and it is stored with carriage returns / line feeds.

This change improves the way the metadataxml is filed into the table by removing all line feeds from the data before filing it into the C_METADATAXML column.

Attachments

Activity

People

jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

Dates

Created:
              Updated: