• Task
    • Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • 1.7.09a
    • 1.7.09b
    • Install
    • None
    • Hide
      The slash-star ( /* ... */) commenting doesn’t work inside javascript object definitions. You can only use double slashes //

The i2b2_loader.js file was modified; comment syntax was changed to use the single line comment syntax (//) instead of multi-line.
      Show
      The slash-star ( /* ... */) commenting doesn’t work inside javascript object definitions. You can only use double slashes // The i2b2_loader.js file was modified; comment syntax was changed to use the single line comment syntax (//) instead of multi-line.

Description

When trying to log into the i2b2 Admin Module some users will have a problem where the Admin is stuck trying to load the page.

This only happens to users who downloaded i2b2core-src-1709a.zip from the i2b2.org/software page. If users downloaded the zip file directly from gitHub they did not have this issue.

BACKGROUND
      The i2b2 Admin is an exact copy of the i2b2 Web Client. The only differences are the

1. Admin is installed on the i2b2 Server where as the i2b2 Web Client is installed on the web server.

2. Minor changes are made to the configuration files so the system knows to load the Admin module and not the Web Client.

In GitHub you will notice i2b2-core-src repository does not contain the Admin files. As stated above the Admin is basically the Web Client and since we do not want to risk them getting out of sync (changes made in one and not the other) we keep the code in the i2b2-webclient repository.

REASON FOR DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ZIP FILES
      When you download the zip file directly from the i2b2-core-src repository on gitHub you are getting all the server files EXCEPT the Admin. Users also have to download the i2b2-webclient and copy it into their i2b2 server directory and make the necessary changes to the configuration files.

To make it easier for users, we re-package the server code from gitHub to include the Admin folder with the appropriate edits to the configuration files.

If users choice to download the zip file directly from the i2b2-core-src repository they need to also download the i2b2-webclient code and add it to their server.

PROBLEM
      When editing the configuration files, the wrong syntax was used to comment out several lines of code.

RESOLUTION
      The resolution is to fix the i2b2_loader.js file so the code is properly commented out.

Attachments

Activity

People

jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            jmd86 Janice Donahoe
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

Dates

Created:
              Updated: