About the "CARE - Concept Demographics Histograms" Web Client Plugin

Introduction

This plugin is part of the CARE (Cohort Analysis & Refinement Expeditors) Tool Set developed as a result of feedback and suggestions from the i2b2 users community in the University of Massachusetts Medical School. As its name implies, the purpose of this tool set is to facilitate and expedite the analysis of the cohorts (i.e. a subset of a patient set) and therefore hopefully the refined usage of those particular cohorts in a study.

This plugin provides the following main functions:

Instructions

1. Navigate to the "Specify Data" tab. Drag and drop a Patient Set and one or more concepts (ontology terms) onto the appropriate input boxes:
  2. Finally, select the "View Results" tab to wait for and view the generated demographic histograms.
  1. Caveats

In any of these cases, the updates of 'Elapsed time' and 'estimated remaining run time' will be quite infrequent, as updates from the server (i2b2 hive) will most likely take a long time, and far and few in-between, if any.

Browser Compatibilities

i2b2 version compatibilities

This current version is compatible with i2b2 v.1.3-1.7.

Version History

Initial release, with options of using a subset of a large patient set; user-friendly feedback (estimated run-time, etc.), helps & hints..
By Wayne Chan, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, USA.

2015 Q1

Terms of Use

This plugin is published under the GNU GPL v3 license

This software is distributed as a plugin to the i2b2 v1.3-1.7 webclient framework, and may be used free of charge. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.