<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <title>i2b2 1.7.09c Release Notes</title>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta name="description" content="The release notes for version 1.7.09c of the i2b2 Software" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="i2b2, release, 1.7.09c" />
    <!--    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="/stylesheets/i2b2-wiki.css" /> -->
</head>
<body>
    <h1 class="releaseHeading" id="rel1709c">i2b2 Release 1.7.09c</h1>
    <p class="releaseDate"><b>Release Date:</b> January 12, 2018</p>
</body>
</html>

Release Summary

Release 1.7.09c is a small release, however if you are a SHRINE user it does contain at least two important fixes that are necessary for you to run SHRINE queries without any issues.

1. Date constraints on SHRINE queries are not save on the local i2b2 side. This causes a problem when users re-run the query as they will receive different results because the constraint no longer exists.
  2. Error would be returned if a query was still running when a user tried to view it in Previous Queries

Some other improvements include some minor bug fixes to the i2b2 Web Client

• Cosmetic issues with the way information is displayed in the Web Client
  • New icons for the Wise plugin
  • Fix for possible null pointer when cancelling a query

Installation Notes

The 1.7.09c Release Notes apply to you if you are upgrading your existing i2b2 system from an earlier version of the i2b2 software.

Type of installWhere you need to go next
Upgrading an existing i2b2 (currently installed at your site)
Please go to the Upgrade Notes section for the details about upgrading your i2b2 software. 
Upgrading your i2b2 in a SHRINE networkPlease read the information in the SHRINE Networks section before proceeding.
Installing a new instance of i2b2. (Never installed it before)We recommend you refer to the i2b2 Installation Guide found on the i2b2 Community Wiki. The install guide will take you through the entire installation process.

If you run into issues or have questions you can reach out to the community by emailing the google group called i2b2 Install Help.

SHRINE Networks

SHRINE Release 1.22.8 has been tested with i2b2 1.7.09c Release and has been approved by the SHRINE Team.

Upgrade Notes

Information about upgrading i2b2 to version 1.7.10 can be found in this section of the release notes.

i2b2 Components

In release 1.7.10 the following i2b2 components contain changes and therefore need to be updated when upgrading your i2b2 environment.

• i2b2 Server (kernel)
  • i2b2 Web Client

Upgrade Paths

The i2b2 now provides two options for upgrading your i2b2 server.

1. Continue to download the source code provided in the zip file released on www.i2b2.org/software
  2. Install the precompiled JAR files onto your existing i2b2 server to upgrade it to 1.7.09c.

Both are acceptable paths to upgrade your i2b2 server and depending on which you choose will determine where you need to go to obtain the appropriate files. The location of the upgrade files for each component is outlined below.

Upgrade Software

DescriptionWhere to find itRequirements
Upgrade i2b2 Web Client to 1.7.09c Software page (i2b2 Website)Download i2b2webclient-1709c.zip file under Source Code  
Upgrade i2b2 Server to 1.7.09c (Source Code) Software page (i2b2 Website)Download i2b2core-src-1709c.zip file under Source Code  
Upgrade i2b2 Server to 1.7.09c(JAR files) Upgrade to 1.7.09c page (Community Wiki)See Technical Details section on i2b2 Upgrades page and Upgrade documentation on Upgrade to 1.7.09c.

Upgrade Documentation

DocumentationWhere to find itWebsite
List of core changes included in this release (star)Change Summary - i2b2 Kernel (Core Software) 
List of Web Client changes included in this release (star)Change Summary - i2b2 Web Client 
Technical details and notes about upgrading the i2b2 serverUpgrade i2b2 pagei2b2 Community Wiki
Upgrade Instructions (server)Upgrade to 1.7.09c (Instructions section)i2b2 Community Wiki
Core documentation - Technical doc for i2b2 cellsi2b2 Documentation zip file (i2b2core-doc-1710.zip)i2b2 Website/software

(star)  These sections are located within this document. All other documents are external pages either on the community wiki or on the i2b2 Website.

Change Summary - Release 1.7.09c

Did you know?

• Changes to the i2b2 server & database are listed under i2b2 Kernel (Core) Software
  • Changes to the i2b2 Web Client are listed under i2b2 Web Client Software
  • Additional information about the new features can be found in the Feature Details - Release 1.7.09c section located this Change Summary section.

i2b2 Kernel (Core Software)

Bug Fixes

CORE-235 – Previous query panel - find terms by patient number is returning incorrect results

CORE-273 – SHRINEACT queries with date constraints are losing the constraints on i2b2ACT side

CORE-276 – get Query result instance id not found error on a running query

CORE-279 – Single panel exclusion query returns error

i2b2 Web Client Software

Bug Fixes

WEBCLIENT-217 – Integers & fractional numbers can be entered for Max Time to Wait in Query Tool

WEBCLIENT-218 – Create new icons for the Wise plugin

WEBCLIENT-219 – Update text in alert message that appears when running a query without a name

WEBCLIENT-220 – Web Client possible null pointer

WEBCLIENT-221 – Fix three cosmetic issues with way information displays in Web Client

Tasks

WEBCLIENT-222 – Include new file for value box improvements