i2b2 Web Client Directory Structure

Once you have extracted the i2b2 Web Client code you will notice the following directory structure in your i2b2 Web Client directory:

<span style="font-size:15px;font-weight:bold">Main Directory:</span>
<i>YOUR_I2B2_WC_DIR</i>\webclient\

Directory / Files

Description

assets

Directory containing the CSS files and images for the i2b2 Web Client.

help

Directory containing the "on-line help" files.

js-ext

Directory containing the JavaScript code for external software like YUI

js-i2b2

Directory containing all the JavaScript code related to the i2b2 Web Client framework.

i2b2_config_data.js

JavaScript file containing the i2b2 Web Client domains.

<span style="font-size:15px;font-weight:bold">Web Client "Framework" Directory:</span>
<i>YOUR_I2B2_WC_DIR</i>\webclient\js-i2b2

Directory

Description

cells

Directory containing the implementation code for each cell.

hive

Directory containing the generalized web client framework.

<span style="font-size:15px;font-weight:bold">Cells Directory:</span>
<i>YOUR_I2B2_WC_DIR</i>\webclient\js-i2b2\cells

Directory

Description

CRC

Root directory for the Data Repository (CRC) Cell; contains controllers and Ajax code for the views.

ONT

Root directory for the Ontology Management (ONT) Cell; contains controllers and Ajax code for the views.

PLUGINMGR

Root directory for the plug-in manager in the web client; contains controllers and Ajax code for the view.

plugins

Contains the plug-ins created for the web client.

PM

Root directory for the Project Management (PM) Cell; contains controllers and Ajax code for the views.

WORK

Root directory for the Workplace Framework (WORK) Cell; contains controllers and Ajax code for the views.

Within each of the above cell directories is an assets folder that contains the images, HTML templates and other non-code files that are needed by the cell.

Working Directories for i2b2 Web Client Installation

Similar to the i2b2 Administration installation we will be copying the Web Client directory to your web server directory. We will be working with the Web Client files within the web server directory and not YOUR_I2B2_WC_DIR.

i2b2 Web Client Directory:

The i2b2 Web Client directory is the location in which you extracted the web client files into during the previous section on extracting the source code. In this document the i2b2 Web Client directory is referred to as YOUR_I2B2_WC_DIR.

Examples:

Linux:  /opt/webclient

Windows:  C:\opt\webclient

Web Server Directory:

Depending on your operating system and machine configuration the location of your web server (httpd) directory may reside in a different location than the examples provided. These examples are based on the most common default paths for a Windows Server and a Linux Machine.

Examples:

Linux:  /var/www/html

Windows:  C:\inetpub\wwwroot