Multi-fact Table
Space shortcuts
Space Tools
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 10 Next »

Multi-fact Table Setup Guide

This Setup Guide is designed to assist users with updating an existing i2b2 environment to be able to query multiple fact tables.

Assumptions 

This setup guide assumes the following: 

• You have a working version of i2b2 that is running release 1.7.09 or higher.
  • The i2b2 Admin module has been installed.
  • All of your fact tables have been setup and reside in the same database. 
  • The assumption is that the fact tables are organized by concept: e.g. all diagnoses facts are in one table; all medication facts in another

important Important
If you are new to i2b2 or not familiar with how to install and setup the i2b2, we highly recommend you look at the i2b2 Installation Guide and go through the steps to setup the i2b2 demo environment.

Setup Process 

Setting up the CRC to use multiple fact tables is fairly easy. If you are using your existing data sources and projects all you need to do is turn on the new parameter in the crc.properties file and update the terms in your metadata tables so the crc knows where to find the fact table. Steps on how to do this are located in the Update CRC Properties File section of this guide.

However, if you are setting up a new data source and / or project there are additional steps you need to take. That are outside the scope of this project. Additional information on how to do this has been provided on the Additional Resources page of this space.

• No labels