IDRT - Integrated Data Repository Toolkit
Space shortcuts
Space Tools
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Virtual Machine

For quick evaluation, we provide a virtual machine (VM) containing the latest i2b2 build and all IDRT tools preconfigured with examples files.

The VM needs VMware Player 7.1 (free for personal use) or VMware Workstation 11 or higher to run. It is preconfigured for using 4 GB RAM, 2 CPU cores and 50 GB hard drive space. If errors occur during start, you may want to adjust the resource settings.

The VM is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit operating system. After booting or rebooting the VM, i2b2 is already started as well as the IMT.

PostgreSQL Remote Access

If you want to access the postgreSQL database from outside the virtual machine, you have to edit the following files manually:

/etc/postgresql/9.3/main/pg_hba.conf and add the following line

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 trust

/etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgres.conf and change

listen_addresses='*'

Restart postgreSQL by

sudo service postgresql restart

Keyboard Layout

The keyboard layout is set to german, to change the layout:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

Download:

IDRT VM 2.0.zip  (6.4 GB)

Due to frequent updates, we recommend updating the IDRT Import and Mapping Tool inside the virtual machine after downloading.

Passwords:

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
username: idrt
password: idrt

Postgres 9.3.9

database: i2b2
username: postgres
password: i2b2

i2b2 webclient
username: idrt
password: idrt

Available i2b2 Projects:

Project Database namecontent
IDRTDemoDataProject All available demo data already loaded
IDRTEmptyDataProject Empty project for testing the IDRT Import Tool with your own data
IDRTTargetProject1Derived project from IDRTDemoDataProject
IDRTTargetProject2Derived project from IDRTDemoDataProject
Table of Contents
  • No labels

3 Comments

1. Anonymous

quick suggestion:

As trivial as it may sound, I recommend specifying that the VM's keyboard layout is defaulted to German Keyboard Layout to avoid potential confusion/panic.  

1. Thanks, I put in the information.

2. Anonymous

Suggestion : You should provide an OVF export of the VM. I have serious compatibilty problems when importing it in my VMware Infrastructure.