This is the home of the Related Project - ExportXLS space.
About the ExportXLS Web Client Plugin
This plugin provides the following functions:
- Tabulates any selected Concepts (Ontology terms) relevant (observed on) to a set of selected Patients.
- Optionally displays relevant unidentified Patient data.
- Exports aforementioned tabulated data into an Excel spreadsheet file conveniently.
- Navigate to the "Specify Data" tab. Then, drag and drop a Patient Set and one or more Concepts (Ontology Term) onto the input boxes.
- Check or uncheck the Include Patient Data box if you want to include the relevant non-identifying information for each patient.
- Finally, click the "View Results" tab to view the table of the observations.
Usage Case Suggestion
Currently the resulting table will only include the first observation from the selected concept (among the many possible if a selected concept is very broad) associated with each patient. In other words, if a selected concept contains multiple subconcepts (e.g. Circulatory system), the resulting row, for a patient, will contain only the first observation (e.g. Hypertensive disease), and ignore other observations (e.g. Ischemic heart disease, arterial vascular disease, etc.) that happen to be also observed in a particular patient.
Note that including all possible observations corresponding to a selected concept for a patient may result in rather complicated and confusing data, and may not be too useful.
It's therefore important to exercise prudence, and select finer-grained concepts that may not be related to multiple non-exclusive observations in patients. For example, while a patient set may be for Circulatory system, selecting several concepts like Hypertensive disease, Ischemic heart disease, and arterial vascular disease, etc. would result in more meaningful results than simply specifying a single concept of Circulatory system.
- This plugin works on the following browsers: Firefox (v.4.0.1), Chrome (v.12 - v.17), Safari (v.5.0.5), and Internet Explorer (v.8 & v.9).
- The i2b2 Web client itself does not work on the following browser: Opera (v.11.50 or v11.61).
i2b2 version compatibilities
This version (v.2.0) of this plugin is compatible with i2b2 v.1.3-1.6.
Version History of this Plugin
Initial release, for i2b2 v1.5.
Updated for i2b2 v1.6.
Updated for i2b2 v1.3-1.6, Internet Explorer compatibilities; added flexible column exclusion, table title & caption, leading row count column, and other enhancements.
Feature Summary of v2.0
Based on feedbacks and input from other researchers, we have made the following updates, adjustments, enhancements, and fixes that may better serve everyone in the i2b2 community:
- Updated patient_list params to render this plugin compatible with i2b2 v1.3; and fixed a problem in the version for i2b2 v1.6 (it should now work on i2b2 v1.3-v1.6).
- Added table title and caption to the resulting output table.
- Added new 1st column for patient row counts (no column title).
- Renamed the "StateCity" column title to "State/City".
- Removed any leading and trailing redundant "Zip codes" values from each state value string.
- Defaulted to using "concept_cd" for each selected concept entry if neither "tval_char" nor "nval_num" is available.
- Improved efficiencies.
- Facilitated the flexible dropping of any columns (that may contain data too sensitive or personal) from the resulting output table.
- Fixed the Internet Explorer (IE) hang problem.
- Fixed the missing "concept" columns on IE problem.
- Fixed the blank "patient_IDs" (when "Include Patient Date" not selected) on IE problem.
- Fixed table content getting cutoff on IE problem.
- Centered content in each table cell of the resulting output table.
- Added unique time-stamp to name of exported XLS file.
- Updated the description of this plugin displayed (in the available plugin list).
- Added more descriptions in the "Specify Data" and "Plugin Help" tab pages.
- Updated plugin category from "text" to "standard".
This new release is packed with installation guide and version supplementary note, and is available from Google Codes (http://code.google.com/p/i2b2-export-xls-plugin/downloads/detail?name=ExportXLS-v2.0-20120217.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges) and the UMass Med School MICARD Downloads page (http://micard.umassmed.edu/downloads.php).
- This plugin was created by Mauro Bucalo, Universita' di Pavia, Italy, June 2011; based on the ExamplePDO plugin, by Nick Benik & Griffin Weber, Sept. 2008.
- The current version was released as a collaboration between the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester (S. Wayne Chan, Rajani Sadasivam, Thomas Houston, & the rest of the BMI-Core), and the Universita' di Pavia, Italy (Mauro Bucalo).
Please don't hesitate to contact us concerning any questions or problems. Thanks.
Copyright 2012 University of Massachusetts Medical School & Universita' di Pavia.
This plugin is published under the GNU GPL v3 license.
This software is distributed as a plugin to the i2b2 v1.3-1.6 webclient framework, and may be used free of charge. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.