Upgrade i2b2 Server: Precompiled JARs
The release of i2b2 1.7.08 introduced a major platform change in which the JBoss 7 application server was replaced with WildFly 10 (formerly known as “JBoss” 10), and JDK 8 became required.
With consideration that you may be using custom ports, proxies, HTTPS, and other custom configurations that must be re-setup in WildFly from scratch and/or may be incompatible with WildFly, we have introduced a new upgrade path for using your existing JBoss 7 with i2b2 1.7.09b by providing drop-in JARs.
A zip file containing a precompiled version of i2b2 1.7.09c has been provided in the Download section of this document. The contents of the zip file can be dropped into your existing instance of i2b2 to upgrade it. The JARs were compiled with JDK 7 and will run in your existing JBoss 7 or WildFly application server. The upgrade technique will work on both Linux and Windows environments.
The following requirements must be met in order to use this upgrade path:
- JBoss 7 (tested on JBoss-as-7.1.1.Final) and JRE 7 or Wildfly10 and JRE 8 are running on your application server
- Currently running i2b2 version 1.7.05 or higher
- Existing i2b2 was installed from source or you are using the i2b2 VMWare virtual machine with release 1.7.05 or higher installed
|i2b2 Released Version
|Minimum Version Required
|Files to upgrade the i2b2 server from at least 1.7.05 to 1.7.09c.
|See Technical Details section.
- These upgrade instructions are to upgrade the software for only the i2b2 server. It does not include any changes to made to the i2b2 Database or the i2b2 Web Client software. Depending on the current version of your i2b2, you may need to also get the latest i2b2 Web Client and Data zip files to deploy. If you are upgrading from 1.7.09b you do not need these other components as release 1.7.09c contains server changes only.
- In April 2016, we provided instructions to patch a potential security vulnerability in JBoss 7, specifically in the commons-collections-3.2.1.jar shipped with JBoss 7.