Release 1.7.12 contains solutions for providing an easier install solution of i2b2, redesigned Find Terms, totalnum counting scripts, new Authentication protocols, and REDCAP import. Also included are other enhancements to the i2b2 Weblclient, the ACT ontology, and bug fixes
i2b2 Release 1.7.12
Release Date: October 31, 2019
|Type of Install||Where you need to go next|
Upgrading an existing i2b2 (currently installed at your site)
Please go to the Upgrade Notes page for the details about upgrading your i2b2 software.
Upgrading your i2b2 in a SHRINE network
Please read the information in the SHRINE Networks section before proceeding.
Installing a new instance of i2b2. (Never installed it before)
We recommend you refer to the i2b2 Installation Guide found on the i2b2 Community Wiki. The install guide will take you through the entire installation process. When finished, browse the Upgrade Notes page for information on configuring new features.
Highlight of Features
- Easier Install
- One step WAR-file build and optional prebuilt WAR file
- Properties files moved to database
- Authentication protocol support for OKTA, NTLM v2
- Database scripts to generate Totalnum counts for Ontology Terms for POSTGRESQL, ORACLE and SQL SERVER databases
- REDCap data import into i2b2, with ontology creation from REDCap forms
- Documentation updates for Apache Webserver timeout settings for previous queries run
- Redesigned Find Terms By Name
- New Webclient Documentation
- Improved view of Left Pane in maximized mode
- Larger Query Results Panel view after Query run
University of Pittsburgh
Nick Brown and Griffin Weber
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
University of North Carolina
Totalnum in find terms
University of Pavia
Visual Design of new Find Terms
University of Washington
New Feature: Enhanced Find Terms
Find terms shows the terms' contextual hierarchy, and terms that are children of other search results are not returned.
Right-clicking on a term and then "Find Term in Tree" shows the entire hierarchy around the selected term.
New Feature: Improved Maximized Left Pane
In maximized mode, the left pane now makes all tabs accessible.
New Feature: Rewritten Webclient Documentation
Included in the client and also on the Webclient Community Wiki page.
- 3-minute screencast tutorial
- Better overviews and guideposts
- More task-oriented teaching