Developers Getting Started With i2b2
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Step 2: Create ACT-OMOP CRC and  i2b2 core tables (e.g., QT and breakdowns) 

• Download i2b2. (Download and extract the newinstall zip package from "Download Binary Distribution" in the top section of  https://www.i2b2.org/software)
  • Follow the instructions in Chapter 3 of the i2b2 installation guide to create the additional i2b2 tables needed for the application server: Chapter 3. Data Installation, these sections specifically:
    • 3.4 Crcdata Tables
      • Skip For 3.4.5, which loads the i2b2 demo data.edit the CRC db properties file with  ACT-OMOP  project parameter which will be used to build the concept_dimension table from metadata tables later in the process

Image Added

Step 3:ACT-OMOP v4 ontology  data load process

1. Download i2b2. (Download and extract the newinstall zip package from "Download Binary Distribution" in the top section of  https://www.i2b2.org/software)
  2. Edit the  edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata\db.properties file  to update the project properties to 'ACT_OMOP' ; db.project=ACT_OMOP
  3. From the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata folder, run the ant command: ant -f data_build.xml db_metadata_load_data
    1. This will execute the  SQL scripts from the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata\act\scripts\<db type> folder and create and load ACT-OMOP v4 Ontology metadata tables with indexes. You can now verify the new Ontology  by logging into the webclient.

CONDITION_VIEW;

DRUG_VIEW;

MEASUREMENT_VIEW;

OBSERVATION_VIEW;

PROCEDURE_VIEW;

COVID_LAB_VIEW;

ALL_SOURCE_CONCEPTS;

PATIENT_DIMENSION;

VISIT_DIMENSION;

DEVICE_VIEW;

Step 5: Build ACT-OMOP CONCEPT DIMENSION

•   create_omop_act_concept_dimension script will load the concept dimension using the ACT OMOP metadata tables

From the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\CRC folder, run the ant command: ant -f data_build.xml db_demodata_load_data

This will execute the create_omop_act_concept_dimension.sql Note: dimension SQL script from the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7\NewInstall\Metadata\act-omop\scripts\<db type> folder and loads ACT-OMOP Concept_dimension table 

Info

The concept_Dimension is populated from metadata tables.

Verify create_omop_act_concept_dimension.sql to ensure it has complete metadata tables information before

running the script

Example: the ACT/OMOPVital_Signs information should be in the script to load the ACT/OMOPVital_Signs concept data

Step 6: Create Project

Finally set up an i2b2 OMOP project pointing  to the i2b2-OMOP database  that you just configured.